♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Sunday, December 02, 2007
And now more deep thoughts from blessed
I am sitting in mass today and I see this
sweet little girl with long brunette hair.
She had a little pink bow on top of her head.
She had on a little pair
of jeans, baby pink top and the cutest little
sequined ballet shoes. She had was so precious
as she hugged up a little stuffed animal in one
arm and her moms hand in the other. She was
probably about three years old and was so
good in Mass. Never got rowdy or antsy
as some little youngins do. Then I look over
to the left and I see another little cutie pie
sitting in her seat. She had on the cutest little
navy jumper and white tights, patent leather shoes.
She would eat on a cracker or she would thumb through
the hymnal or she would move around her seat. Little
innocent eyes checking out all the people around her.
So cute. And then I would see her daddy pick her up
and love on her.
It's little moments like that that I sit and
wonder what it would be like to have a child's
love? What would it be like to have a child that
was from my flesh and blood? Am I missing out?
By not actively trying to conceive a child am I
going to regret it on down the road?
They say we have a biological time clock and mine
is ticking away. We are not supposed to live with
regret but what about decisions we make today,
how do we know that we might or
might not regret those decisions?
Having a child is HUGE. The responsiblity of it
ALL is really something hard for me to fathom
especially when I really have not been around
alot of babies or children.
I know the pros and the cons. Or atleast
I know some of them. It's just
this wondering that is getting to me.
What if? Do I want another what if?
7 Comments:
Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
Deciding on whether to have a child is a huge decision. Many dont think about it, it just kind of happens.
I think its great that you are thinking about it and weighing your pros and cons. I wished more people gave it as much thought as you are seemingly doing.
My suggestion would be to think about it long and hard and make sure its a decision you truly want or could live without. Children are a lifetime commitment and there are no money back guarantees.
*hugs*

Blogger Elaine Denning said...
The only way I can think of it is like this.

In 20 years time, if you're childless, you MAY look back and regret not having one. But if you do have one, I will guarantee you will NEVER look back and regret it.

There is no love in this world which even comes close to touching the love you feel for a child.

Blogger Keshi said...
its a very BIG decision sweetie. Bringing a child into this world depends alot on ur emotional, physical and finanacial abilities. Why I'm saying that is cos alot of ppl just bring babies into this world not realising wut it is to bring up a child...the responsibilities that r life-long.

So if u think u can do it and that u r ready on all 3 levels, then do it hun. U'll make a wonderful mum!

Keshi.

Blogger Paul Joe said...
Hi! Blessed,this must be tough on you,go with your heart,what ever you choose is the right thing!

Blogger Julie George said...
Having a child is a huge undertaking. It will change your life. My feeling is that in a marriage, if you have a child, it magnifies your marriage. If you struggle, you will struggle more. If you laugh, you will laugh more. If you are very happy, you will be happier. So, decide where your marriage is and whether you want to magnify that. I do have to say that a child's love is like no other. The hugs and kisses are just awesome. On the flip side, the tough stuff is really tough. I don't have the kind of kids who sit quietly in church. I have those kids that say the most embarrassing things at all the wrong times. But, I love, love, love, my children and would not change my life for the world. This comment is probably no help to you and just muddies the water even more. Hey, borrow my kids one day and see how it feels :)

Blogger Leigh said...
There is no greater love then a love of a child, but only you will know when or if you are ready. It is never easy, and very scary.

Thinking of you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Life took the decision for me. At the age of 9 I knew that I wouldn't be having children one day. Should I feel ok about that? Absolutely. ;-)

You can make that decision. If you don't feel comfortable about having children..that's really ok.. you know... ;-)

They are cute and adorable but a huge responsibility as you already know... ;-)

You can always spoil other people's children... that's what I do and they can have the responsibility.. ;-)

I don't feel less of a person/woman because I don't have children.... and I certainly don't regret anything... my life is not like everybody else's and that's fine by me... most days.. ;-)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket