♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Friday, April 18, 2008
Guess what woke me up at 5:37 a.m.???
Earthquake!
I haven't experienced an earthquake since
I was about 9 years old.
What a trip!
The epicenter was near Olney, Illinois.
I felt the whole house trembling.
At first I thought I was dreaming
and then I realized I wasn't.
I wasn't scared. But now that
reality has set in......Wow!
5.4 on Richter scale.

****UPDATE****
CNN) -- People nearly 900 miles away felt a magnitude-5.2 earthquake that shook southern Illinois early Friday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.


Rubble lies in the street Friday in Louisville, Kentucky, after part of a cornice fell off a building.

There were no immediate reports of major damage after the predawn quake, which struck at 4:36 a.m. (5:36 a.m. ET).

However, some minor damage was seen in the region.

In Mount Carmel, Illinois, a porch collapsed, briefly trapping a woman in her home, The Associated Press reported. She wasn't hurt and was freed quickly.

Debris fell on a sidewalk and shattered in Louisville, Kentucky, after part of a cornice fell off a brick building, according to footage from the city's CNN affiliate WHAS-TV. Watch as the quake sends bricks tumbling »

The epicenter of the earthquake -- the strongest in the region in 40 years -- was about seven miles below ground and 38 miles north-northwest of Evansville, Indiana, the USGS said.

Nearly 10,000 people had sent reports of shaking to the USGS Web site by 9 a.m. ET.
(I WAS ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!!!!!)
4 Comments:
Blogger Bob said...
Was it an earthquake or the old man rocking the bed this morning? :) Living in California, we're used to having the earth move (in sooo many ways) that once you've lived here for a while it becomes no big deal. Glad you're okay.

Blogger hockeyman said...
I think Elvis is back to see the Pope....

There's a whole lotta shaken goin on....

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
I felt it and my son screamed outloud (a rarity), I thought the news really enjoyed the story.

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
glad you are safe..:)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket