♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Saturday, August 09, 2008
Pondering
"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us."
(Edward Morgan Forster, English essayist, 1879-1970)
I get an email each day of the thought/quote of the day.
Today's was the one above. I really like that quote.
It got me thinking.
As a child I know you use to think "What am I going to
be when I grow up?" We all had some idea. I use to think
I wanted to be a teacher and then a journalist.
I am neither.
Did you wander what life was gonna be when you grew
older? What kind of spouse you would have? How many
children you wanted? Where you might live....what your
life was gonna consist of.....what kind of car you wanted
to drive....where would you wanted to go on vacation, etc.
I wonder what the percentage would be of those
whose aspirations, dreams, wishes, hopes, fantasies
actually came true? Is your life how you thought it would
be?
2 Comments:
Blogger Elaine Denning said...
That was a great quote. All I can say is that my life is nothing like the life I had planned for myself. I guess letting go of the dream is the place to start in order to find true happiness.

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
Interesting quote. But life is tooooooo short to worry about what could have been and such. Work with what you have is my motto for my sanity.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket