♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Rain

glitter-graphics.com



And the heavens opened up and it rained like crazy today.
The sky was an ominous gray.
I know we need the rain but it just made
me so sluggish.
One of those days where
I just want to curl up on the couch with
a good book. Great day to take a nap.
To hear the rain falling on the house.
It's almost like taking a sleeping pill.
Or
it would be a good time to run out in the rain
and play a little. Did you ever do that
when you were a kid? Go out in a summer rain
and just hang out in it? Playing, laughing,
getting drenched, splashing in puddles,
stand under a leaking gutters?
I loved doing that as a kid. I can even
say I've done it since I've been an adult.
One night it was raining one of those warm
summer rains and I just hung out in it.
My husband thought I was crazy.....maybe I am.
It was so refreshing to let the rain pour down
on me. My hair slick to my head. My clothes stuck
to my body. My barefeet stepping in puddles.
Sometimes it's good to just let go and be a kid,
be foolish, do something you rarely do.

6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
wow! I'm trying to think but I can't say that I have ever done that...

I just don't like the feeling of clothes clinging to my bod.

Probably why I sleep nakid! lol

Blogger Keshi said...
oww I love those images!

And the verse ofcourse!

Keshi.

Blogger Jerrster said...
geeze I miss the rain.......:::sigh:::

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
dancing in the rain is always fun

Anonymous Anonymous said...
run out in the rain and play a little??
so very cute blessed-chan! :)
since we are living in rainy country, i dont remember that i have done before.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
oh love these pictures of rain!!
fantastic!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket