♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Saturday, August 16, 2008
No Regrets Part 1
Ok, so I have a person in my life that I am very close to and they asked my
advice about meeting with someone they just met on the internet. They have
had some conversations......really good, humorous, conversations and now
they are thinking of meeting.........in a public place of course.
She asked me, "Should I do it?" My first instinct was yes and here
are some of the great quotes about no regrets. I used these to inspire!
What do you think:

"I would rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not".
-Lucille Ball

"I've been thinking a lot lately about taking chances and how it's really just about overcoming your fears. Because the truth is, every time you take a big risk in your life, no matter how it ends up, you're always glad you took it." –Scrubs

"Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances; you just have to live life to the fullest. Laugh as much as you can, spend all your money, tell someone what they mean to you, tell someone off, speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, comfort a friend, pig out, fall asleep watching the sun come up, stay up late, be a flirt, smile till your face hurts, don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love...& most of all live in the moment cause when you look back someday knowing you have no regrets it's going to be what makes you smile."-anonymous

and the best one yet from a show I don't watch but sometime wish I did:

"A couple of hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. Never leave that till tomorrow, he said, which you can do today. This is the man who discovered electricity. You think more people would listen to what he had to say. I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd have to say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, sometimes the fear is just of making a decision, because what if you're wrong? What if you're making a mistake you can't undo? The early bird catches the worm. A stitch in time saves nine. He who hesitates is lost. We can't pretend we hadn't been told. We've all heard the proverbs, heard the philosophers, heard our grandparents warning us about wasted time, heard the damn poets urging us to seize the day. Still sometimes we have to see for ourselves. We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today's possibility under tomorrow's rug until we can't anymore. Until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin really meant. That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beat the hell out of never trying." –Grey's Anatomy


( This subject will be continued later)
2 Comments:
Blogger Bob said...
My advice: Don't do it. Most regret making the decision to meet someone they're chatted with on the Net.

My daughter did that (while living in San Diego and then moved to Philly to be with this clown) and was beaten and stalked by a guy who at first really seemed decent. Come to find out he's always been like "that".

Ya have to ask yourself that if someone can't meet anyone to date in person and has to connect over the Internet what's up with them?

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
Hmmm this is an interesting question. I don't know what I would say publically, might write to you later.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket