♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Saturday 8
From http://www.saturday8.blogspot.com

sat8 :: you say it's your birthday!

1. as you get older, are you jazzed about your birthday?
yes--it's MY day and I celebrate it! I believe this is the day the Lord decided to grace me on this Earth. I feel fortunate to be able to celebrate
my birthday and so I quote from an anonymous writer,
"Do not regret growing older. It is a priviledge denied to many".

2. do people usually remember your birthday?
yes--my family, my husband and co-workers always remember. We, my brother, sister and dad are big celebrators of birthdays. I am always blown away when I know families who don't even send out a card to their siblings.

3. an ex-coworker used to begin 3 mos. before her birthday flat-out reminding us that it was coming up. it's amazing what no self-esteem does for you. anyway, do you know anyone who pre-announces their birthdays?
well, I have to say that I have done that. Not cuz I was trying to get presents simply becuz I was so excited. I feel I have calmed a wee bit when it comes to my b-day and announcing my jubliation.

4. what was your best birthday? why?
one that stands out has to be a few years ago when my girlfriends and sister came and got me, took me to paint pottery (which I really enjoy), we had sparkling wine as we painted, and then they surprised me and took me to a Japanese restaurant in a private room for my favorite meal--sushi-- and then they had an Elvis impersonator come in and serenade me! Too awesome!

5. what was your worst birthday? why?
maybe 4-5 years ago I was out with my husband and my family having dinner at nice restaurant and my dad tells me (or should I say he shocked me!) he got arrested for a DUI a couple weeks (?) before my birthday.
I drank a little too much and found myself as a crying drunk which I am not!!! It really upset me.

6. name your best birthday gift
I honestly cannot choose since I always get such awesome presents!

7. name the best birthday gift you've gotten for someone else.
Got my husband the putter he wanted so badly!

8. as i age, i value SLEEP as a priceless commodity. i didn't get any for my birthday, however. what do you want this year for your birthday?
Now just becuz I want it doesn't mean I'll get it!!
-new printer/scanner/copier/fax machine for home office
-memory card for my camera with bigger memory
-gift certificate to my favorite Catholic bookstore
-nice dinner out at my choice of restaurant
-Chanel No. 5
-for years I've been wanting one of those devices they play different nature sounds to calm you to sleep and to wake you in the morning
I definitely want to have certain sounds on it like: ocean waves, rain,
maybe some frogs croaking, etc.
That's all I can think of now but believe me if I really made a list it would be long (just ask my sister!)

OKAY, YOUR TURN FELLOW BLOGGERS!
3 Comments:
Blogger SJ said...
I find I get less enthused about my birthday as I get older. Never have time!

Blogger starry said...
nice list there and a good post. I have a few memorable birthdays. when I was a lot younger.i really dont think of my birthday too much.

Blogger Elaine Denning said...
My birthday (and Christmas) stopped being as important to me when I had my son. It suddenly became all about him. These days, my birthday passes quietly and without much of a fuss. I think I'll celebrate my 40th with a party, and then pretend my birthdays dont exist from there on!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket