♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Does anyone know a better way to get concert tickets thru ticketmaster?
This past Saturday it took me about 500,000 tries via cell phone AND internet to get tickets to a concert.That is, getting the section I wanted and no such luck getting on the floor in the first five rows. At one point of frustration I got up and went to a ticketmaster location and they had even worse tickets. So what is the secret? Persistance? Scalper?

Okay so every Wednesday I teach a 5th grade catechism class. To each class/grade there are two teachers. The lady that was the other teacher in this class is leaving since she has a night job now. So it's me and about 10-11 5th graders. Only one girl. I never knew just how rowdy 5th grade boys could be! I enjoyed knowing that one week it was her turn and then the next week was mine. Now I'm all alone and no help in sight. Would you feel a bit frustrated?

Want to hear a funny thought that went thru my brain? Well, I had our puppy fixed. After I did it, I thought did I do something wrong since I'm Catholic? Should I have left intact what nature gave him? After all, I'm preventing life. Funny, huh? My fellow Catholic friend laughed and reminded me I was just being a responsible pet owner.

I colored my hair back dark. I got rid of the golden highlights. I felt I was starting to look like I had trailor trash hair. You know light hair with the dark roots. (Now I'm just kidding with the trailor trash cuz I have lived in a trailor!)

Do you ever read wedding/engagement part of the newspaper? Doesn't it just blow your mind when you start reading the description of the wedding and what the bride wore, and where it was held, where the reception and rehearsal dinner was and where they honeymooned? Doesn't it just blow your mind how much money people spend on this event? To me it sounds like such a waste.
I didn't have all the hoopla. I rented a dress. I got married in a chapel in the mountains. We had about 32 family and friends there. We did it cheap. If I could do it over tho I still wouldn't have all the hoopla but it would probably cost more since I would want to run off, just me and him, to a beach (going to the beach isn't cheap!) where a priest could marry us. (Nothing against my family and friends). Just a simple summer dress (no bikini-like Miss Pamela Kid Rock) and he in rolled up khaki pants. Barefoot of course. And now that I get to thinking about it Catholic weddings have to have witnesses so there would have to be witnesses there and then a photographer or someone holding my digital camera.
Wouldn't want anyone to feel left out, so I would invite whoever wanted to come, to come (that's what we did last time). Goodness! The affair is getting bigger now. I just wanted a private, beautiful moment with my man, God, my beach and ocean!!!

Okay enough rambling for today........BLESSINGS!!!
5 Comments:
Blogger hockeyman said...
the only thing about the church and the money and the friends and the whole deal... is that you are really married... that its not just a lark its a big deal...it might be the only thing that sustains sometimes in year one..

and I don't know how the church feels about nuetering but all we men are closing our legs as we read this...

Blogger hockeyman said...
the only thing about the church and the money and the friends and the whole deal... is that you are really married... that its not just a lark its a big deal...it might be the only thing that sustains sometimes in year one..

and I don't know how the church feels about nuetering but all we men are closing our legs as we read this...

Blogger Elaine Denning said...
If I could do it all again, I'd be barefoot on the sand next to the ocean. I can't think of anything more beautiful.

Sorry...can't help with the ticket problem...

Blogger RobynB said...
I always do the internet Ticketmaster thing. There are other sites that have better seats, but they're outrageous!

Good luck :)

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
I know nothing about buying tickets...cant be any help there...

As far if I had to get remarried..i think id want a lil hoopla since my first go around was done at city hall...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket