♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Sunday, October 08, 2006
Gettin' in the mood
'myspace


week of Oct8: Monster Mash

1. What's your favorite Halloween costume? Do you still dress up for Halloween?
My favorite Halloween costume would have to be dressing up as a zombie. I looked like death (obviously). My clothes were ripped and dingy. My face was made up to where one eyeball was hanging out. My face looked as tho the flesh was peeling off. Scary. I have never been one of those girls who had to dress all sexy for Halloween. I usually dressed as something scary. I always thought that dressing up for Halloween was to scare off the evil spirits or atleast confuse them. My second, favorite costume would have to be Elvis. Yes, I am a fan and a chick who dressed as Elvis. I think I looked pretty darn good in my black wig, oversized glasses with sideburn, cape and jump suit. I wish I had a pic that I could put here but until I get a scanner, ain't gonna happen. So obviously, the answer to the second question to question 1 is yes. As a kid I really can't remember getting to get dressed up for Halloween. I remember as a little girl dressing up as a belly dancer and I remember having those plastic Halloween outfits and the mask that covered your face and a rubber band that went around the back of your head to hold them in place but what the outfits were, I can't remember. My step-mom had a real problem about developing film after she took it. So I have no photos to refer.
This year I have two ideas for what I want to be. I don't feel like sharing as it is top secret and I may change my mind. LOL.
At work, for the first time, we will be having a best costume contest.
So perhaps, I shall post a pic of whatever I dress up as.

2. Pumpkin Carving, is it fun or overrated? For me, it's overrated. I have a creative side but for some reason, carving out a pumpkin is not fun to me. I prefer to buy those plastic pumpkins that you can plug into an outlet and use them year after year.

3. What's your fav Halloween treat?
Popcorn balls, candy corn mixed with peanuts (tastes like a Payday candy bar). Carmel apples covered in peanut pieces. When I was a kid I loved jawbreakers, bubblegum, pop rocks, sour candy, wax teeth, or any wax candy. I don't know why I wasn't all hyped up about getting chocolate candy bars.

Now, it's your turn. I tag you with those 3 questions AND what are you getting into this Halloween? What will you dress up as?

5 Comments:
Blogger RobynB said...
I have no clue what I'm doing for Halloween this year. My girls will probably do the princess thing... AGAIN.

I love candy corn though :)

Blogger Keshi said...
So its the month of Halloween...no wonder! Read my latest post.


**I remember as a little girl dressing up as a belly dancer and I remember having those plastic Halloween outfits and the mask that covered your face and a rubber band that went around the back of your head to hold them in place but what the outfits were


lol cute!


I havent dressed up as a ghost or something...I can only rem that I was a butterfly in a kindy concert...and a deer in another one :):) Fun days!


Keshi.

Blogger starry said...
I loved dressing up as a witch.my favorite candy was gum drops,anything sour.and chocolates.I loved to carve pumpkins.I would trace the designs on the pumpkin and carve them out.Halloween is still one of my favorites.love to see the kids all dressed up.

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
Last year I dressed up like a priest and at the party two girls showed up dressed in the Catholic School girl outfit.

It was a good evening.

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
Oh my lets see....I havent dressed up since I was a kid, I dont remember a fave costume.

My kid absolutely LOVES Halloween, mostly for the candy. Last year she was a witch...this year she is an adorable devil(i swear thats the name of the costume per party city).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket