♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Monday, October 02, 2006
Pondering.........
How long have you been blogging?
How long do you think you will keep blogging?
I have to be honest and say lately I haven't really felt like blogging.
I haven't had so much to share. Or maybe it's the things I want to
share that I just don't think anyone would be interested to read. And oh so many times I have reached out to anonymous bloggers to be somewhat of a blogger friend or should I say some fellow blog acquaintance and nothing happens. No return comments. No reaching back.
And then again, this is my little area that I can put whatever I want for me. Then again, I have seriously considered that since it's for me, maybe then I should just jot it down in a journal. I dunno.
Has blogging lost it's appeal to me? I think I have met some really cool, really interesting bloggers. But then have I really met you? I think alot of us hide behind our blogs knowing we will never know each other. We can blog about whatever. We could lie or tell half truths. We could paint a whole, untrue picture of ourselves that is not what we are. How would anyone know? And then too, do we really even know how we really come across to others? Maybe what we see and what others see is vastly different.
I have already seen alot here in blogland. I have read things that have touched my heart. I have read things that shocked me. I have seen alot of different people out there. Some full of hate and bitterness.Some so inspirational and beautiful. Some dying for attention. Some I have wondered if things I have read were false or true. Is blogland a fantasy land with bits of reality from time to time? Or just pure fantasy? A place to dwell to be a peeping Tom. I wonder how many actually read my blog. I wonder how many don't comment. I wonder if I have touched anyone.
I wonder how long I will stay here. Life is so busy and yet I have found time to write bits and pieces. Share a bit of myself yet only the tip of my iceberg. So much of me still hidden. So much of me I have to keep for me. I am a very honest open person. I have been genuine. It's just lately I feel as I am in make believe or part of a cartoon and I am sometimes the only human figure in the comic strip. Blogging use to be fun. Maybe I'm just in a rut. I just don't feel I am being very useful here. I don't feel that what I have to share is entertaining or as entertaining to me as it once was. Do I dare bid adieu? Do I bow out? Do I slip away? Just as life does, blogging will go on without me.
7 Comments:
Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
I wonder where this all comes from. I think blogging like anything in life has its ups and downs. Sometimes you feel it more days than others, thats natural.
I am glad to have met you here on blogland and will come back and read as lond as you stay here.....*hugs*

Blogger Elaine Denning said...
Oh God...where is everyone going? I hate it when I look down my blogroll and half the people on it have left. Only the other day I had a 'clearout' and it was really sad.

I know there are some crazy people out here in blogland, but I can honestly say that I've made some really good friends through coming here. And I'd like to think...no, I believe...that all of them are genuine.

Have you got a stat counter? I know I have a lot of readers who never comment. It's true that if no one at all was reading, it would kind of take the passion out of it for me because I really love the feedback. Is that attention seeking? I dunno. But a private, online journal just isn't the same.

Just take a break if you need to...we all do that from time to time. It is difficult coming up with new ideas - that's why I got involved with Memory Monday, TMI Tuesday, Half Nekkid Thursday. It all helps at times like that. And now there's even a Friday thing, too.

Ok, I'm rambling and using up all your space!

Don't ever think you have nothing interesting to say. You'd probably be amazed at how many people come here and go away either nodding or shaking their heads. We're all different, and that's a really good thing. We don't always have to agree with each other. How boring would that be?

Blogger RobynB said...
Blessed sweetheart~ I know how you feel. I sit here staring at the screen wondering what details to share, what to keep quiet about. I do understand.

To blog or not? Its your decision... its something you have to do for you. If you leave, you will be missed.

Hugs

Blogger erika said...
I think we all go through this feeling. I have to. My life gets so busy sometimes that I don't have time to blog. Blogging is an outlet for me. I don't do it for anyone eles but for me. I do understand how you feel though.


Miss U is right you will be surprised how many people do read your stuff but just don't comment.

Blogger Keshi said...
take a break if u must, come bakk for sure cos I'll be missing u alot...

Huggggggggz!
Keshi.

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
Blessed,
I more than understand where you are at. The blog world is made up of people and the diversity of what they are looking for. I may have been one of the people who shocked you. I try to be honest beyond my psuedo-anonymity, because of the nature of my writing. But I think a blog is something for the writer and later the regular readers influence the direction.

The thing to remember is that at the end of the string of electrons is a real person, either playing a charecter or sharing themselves. I have in the many years of being online found friends, good friends and even once a lover. Hold on to the friends you made here if you do stop writing. I bet they are sincere.

Blogger Leigh said...
Blessed, it must be going around I am feeling the same. I hope you are not gone for too long, I will miss your posts and the smiles that you have brought me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket