♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Sunday, October 22, 2006

In the Old Testament, the word of the Lord came to the prophet Jeremiah,
"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born, I dedicated you, a prophet to the nations I appointed you"
(Jer 1:5).
This text says that Jeremiah's vocation was all set in the mind of the Lord before Jeremiah was even formed in the womb. God had a plan. Then it was up to Jeremiah to find out what God had in mind.

My questions:

Do you know what you are called to do?
Do you feel you are fulfilling your destiny?
If not, what is preventing you from doing it?
Do you feel content?
Do you feel fulfilled?
Are you satisfied with your life?

Yes, I know some real deep questions/thoughts to ponder. Can you answer these questions honestly?

And last but not least I leave you with a quote that has meant so much to me. I do not know who said it but found it quite moving:
"I would rather live my life believing and find out it wasn't true than to live my life not believing and find out it is true."

5 Comments:
Blogger RobynB said...
I have no idea what I'm called to do. Sometimes I feel like there is a plan for me, but I have yet to figure it out.

Am I satisfied? No. Do I know what it would take to be satisfied? No clue.

Deep thoughts...

Blogger Keshi said...
**"I would rather live my life believing and find out it wasn't true than to live my life not believing and find out it is true."


hey thats PROFOUND! ty so much for sharing that with us.

Blessed ur a doll, ty for all the comments in my blog. HUGGGGGGGGGGGZ!

Keshi.

Blogger Leigh said...
I don't know what I have been called to do, I am sure I haven't full filled what ever that might be. I am not content or satisfied, but I have faith it will come.

Being that it is mission Sunday, I thought your post was perfect. When I think of Missions, I think of third world countries, but learned that the western world is in need of a mission. People here are losing their faith, and churches are becoming smaller and smaller. Thank You Blessed for this.

Have a great day.

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
Do you know what you are called to do?
I think our role in life is not simply one picked out for us but one created by the gifts we have and the way we use them. We are partners with the universe to create our own destiny.

Do you feel you are fulfilling your destiny?
I think everyday we face challenges to that. I think, right now I am doing something that feeds my soul and helps the world. Who could ask for more?


If not, what is preventing you from doing it?
Nothing
Do you feel content?
In many ways yes but I think the human condition is always pushing for the next horizon. Sometimes the day-to-day life even obscures us seeing it.


Do you feel fulfilled?
Yes i think I do. Good job, child, and friends. Again a blessed life in many ways.

Are you satisfied with your life?
I think this is an interesting questions for me because the parts of me that are not satisfied are parts that need not be totally fed to be complete. But being satisfied in part is also having realistic exprectations of life and what we can take out of it.


I think that while I believe differently then most about God, the universe and our place in it I think we must all look beyond ourselves. I think that if we live our lives as people striving to make ourselves and others better then we are fulfilling the main role of being alive. We are not guarenteed a life without suffering nor should be accept a life without joy.

Blogger starry said...
Thanks for sharing this post. It has got me thinking.I really dont know what I was called to do. I am happy and satisfied with where I am but there is still room for improvement.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket