♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
WHAT'S ON MY MIND................
turns out I had a very happy birthday this past Friday. Celebrated with my honey, family and friends. Ate sashimi, drank some Merlot (Hey Miss U ---better yet a whole bottle), danced, got lots of awesome presents.
I guess being 36 has sunk in and you know what I realized even more? I am so blessed.

'myspace
On Monday woke up and there was snow falling. It was so pretty. Didn't stick tho. However, it evidently came down a bit harder in other parts of the state becuz there was two school closings.
When I was walking out to my car to leave for work, the snow fell into my hair and there went any possibility of my hair looking good.
'myspace
Couple of things about winter that I don't like besides it being cold, is what the dry heat from the heater does to my skin--it just dries it out AND static in my hair. How I hate it!!!!
'myspace
OJ Simpson book and TV special got cancelled!! YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!
'myspace
Are you excited about Thanksgiving?????? I am. I can't wait to stuff myself! I am so glad that this year my brother and his wife are having Thanksgiving at their house. Lately, it seems everyone is so tired and so busy to have it at their house (my house is small). The last few years my family and some close friends have been going out for Thanksgiving dinner. It is so expensive and no to-go box!!!
Anyway, I am happy that it is Thanksgiving time and I am so over joyed to be with the ones I love. Much to give thanks about!!!!
'myspace
Okay, I do have to say that I think there needs to be a law on when Christmas music should be played. I don't believe that Christmas music should be played on the radio until Thanksgiving Day. There are radio stations here where I live that have already been playing it. Why do they want to start pushing it so early??? I get so sick of it. It's just too early! There is plenty of time for Christmas music but NOT before Thanksgiving.
'myspace
I have to tell you about this awesome book that I read. It is called: "Left to Tell-Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust" by Immaculee Ilibagiza. I highly recommend this book. I devoured all 215 pages of it. It was so powerful...so inspirational...so eye opening. I literally was shaking as I read this book. Here is a little more about it:
Immaculee Ilibagiza grew up in a country she loved, surrounded by a family she cherished. But in 1994 her idyllic world was ripped apart as Rwanda descended into a bloody genocide. Immaculee’s family was brutally murdered during a killing spree that lasted three months and claimed the lives of nearly a million Rwandans. Incredibly, Immaculee survived the slaughter. For 91 days, she and seven other women huddled silently together in the cramped bathroom of a local pastor while hundreds of machete-wielding killers hunted for them. It was during those endless hours of unspeakable terror that Immaculee discovered the power of prayer, eventually shedding her fear of death and forging a profound and lasting relationship with God. She emerged from her bathroom hideout having discovered the meaning of truly unconditional love—a love so strong she was able seek out and forgive her family’s killers.
'myspace
So enough for today....just wanting everyone who cared to see that I was alive!! I do wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are surrounded by those who you love and may you take a moment to really give thanks!
'myspace
4 Comments:
Blogger Keshi said...
missed u tonz n tonz missy!

hey I didnt know twas ur bday on Fri?? HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARL Huggggggggggggz!

36 n sexy as hell! ;-)


OJ is mad. forget him!

Chrissy n Thanksgiving...they all make my heart fill up with JOY!

And oyeah U R BLESSED!
Keshi.

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
I am soo glad to hear that your bday went well.
YAY!!! for OJ being canceled...that was in such bad taste.
Oh you had snow? Wonderful...one of my favorite seasons is winter...for me its not the holidays without certain cold temperatures.

Oh and thanks for stopping by...I might need to invest in that dream catcher thingy...but im happy to report my dream last nite wasnt scary.
Have a great Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Blogger RobynB said...
Happy belated birthday!

I'm glad you had a good one :)

Blogger erika said...
I am glad you had a good birthday!!!


Have a Happy Turkey Day!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket