♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Sunday, November 12, 2006
11/12/06
SOMETHINGS THAT GRABBED MY ATTENTION TODAY
(and from the last few days)
(please note this is just 'some' things....not all)
Well, I was driving down the road one day after work and I had my cell phone in the seat next to me laying on a thick coat. I went around a curve and my cell phone slid off and went into my cup of ice tea. Bye-bye cell phone. I have been without my cell phone for a few days and it feels weird. I guess this was what it felt like before I had a cell phone which I really couldn't remember what it was like. Alot quieter. More time with my thoughts.
New cell phone is already been ordered, paid for and shipped. Should get it Tuesday. I think this phone will be better than my last one. The last one I really hated but just dealt with it since I paid for it after my last cell phone accident a year and a half ago. That accident was when I thought I was so cool by sneaking a beer out in my purse when I was in a bar. The beer spilt in my purse. I'm so cool, aren't I?
'myspace
Two deaths in the entertainment world. Jack Palance. I remember him from the original Ripley's Believe it or Not show (before Dean Cain). I always found him spooky.
And then there is Gerald Levert. I remember him from the following song:
"I ain't much on Casanova
me and Romeo ain't never been friends.
Can't you see how much I really love you?
Gonna sing it to you time and time again."
Any who, he was only 40!!!!!!!!!
'myspace
Saturday was Veteran's Day. I don't think this holiday gets enough recognition!!! So on that note I want to tell you about this little website I stumbled upon that absolutely made me cry my eyes out. I think everyone should see this website. It really puts things in perspective. But before you view, grab a box of kleenex.
Another website for you to check out to keep up with the stats.
'myspace
Saturday morning I did something I have never done. I helped feed the homeless. I felt so honored. It was me and some of the people in from our current RCIA class. I want this activity to be a part of my life. Yet another thing that I have done that has opened my eyes. It is easy to forget just how lucky and blessed we are. Hence my blogger name. I try so hard not to take for granted how blessed I am.
From Matthew 25:35-36"For I was hungry and you fed me; I was thirsty and you gave me water; I was a stranger and you invited me into your homes; naked and you clothed me; sick and in prison, and you visited me."
'myspace
On a lighter note, has anyone seen that reality series on CMTon the making of a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader? Well, let me tell you there is no way I would ever want to go thru what all they go thru to be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader! You couldn't pay me to go thru that torture! My goodness it is unreal! And that is why they are DCC and I am not. LOL.
'myspace
Funny little game for you to play. It's called Get the drunk home.
I laughed my tail off while playing this. I only could get him home 35 meters.
You try:
5 Comments:
Blogger Keshi said...
Only 40? too young!

Keshi.

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
Just dropping in to say Hello!

M

Blogger erika said...
OK the farthest I got the drunk is 9 meters. LOL

Blogger Leigh said...
I sat yesterday morning to do my daily blog reading.. well I got as far as you. Not far considering you start with a "B" Anyway I spent the most part of yesterday morning on that web site, with a box of tissue of course. Thanks for sharing that. Now back to blogging I go.

Have a great day.

Blogger Sir Dirty Joke said...
Very interesting and fun blog you have here!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket