♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Saturday, October 28, 2006
10/28/06
THINGS THAT GRABBED MY ATTENTION TODAY
You Are 52% Angry
Generally, you are not an angry person.But you're easily frustrated and enraged. You have one heck of a temper.And because of your anger, you tend to feel resentful and even spiteful.You already know how to quell your anger. You just need to do it more often.
How Angry Are You?
(Please note that my temper
is something I'm trying to work on!!!)
'myspace
Black Cats Banned from Adoption on Halloween
No black cat will cross your path this Halloween, not if a northern Idaho animal shelter can help it. Like many shelters around the country, the Kootenai Humane Society in Coeur d'Alene is prohibiting black cat adoptions from now to Nov. 2, fearing the animals could be mistreated in Halloween pranks — or worse, sacrificed in some satanic ritual.
The risk may be remote, said the shelter's executive director, Phil Morgan. "It's kind of an urban legend. But in the humane industry it's pretty typical that shelters don't do adoptions of black cats or white bunnies because of the whole satanic sacrificial thing," Morgan said. "If we prevent one animal from getting hurt, then it serves its purpose."
I also learned in this article that black cats tended to be less adopted than other felines.
Poor kitty cats! I have a solid black cat and he is spooky! That's his name too--Spooky. He is the purr-fect Halloween cat especially when he gets scared and arches up his back and all his hair stands staight up.
I just can't fathom how people can be so cruel and cold to hurt a cat or any other animal, satanic ritual or not! We got some sick folks out there!
'myspace
Well, for the last two days I have been panicking. I had lost my social security card. For the life of me, I could not remember what I did with it or when was the last time I saw it. I know you are not supposed to carry your social security card, so I have to own up and say that I was stupid and had carried it in my purse. Well, after much looking and a prayer for intercession to St. Anthony (patron saint of lost articles), much to my absolute delight and relief, I found it! I can not express my panic. I had all these terrible thoughts on how my identity could have been stolen and that I needed to pull my credit reports to see if anyone had already started to pretend they were me. I had thoughts of going down to the social security office and waiting for hours to get a replacement, only to find out that I didn't have enough documents to prove to them who I said I was. All the worry and stress only to find my card tucked away on my computer desk where I couldn't see it. To the safe it goes!
'myspace
At my office, we just switched health insurance companies. We were told that the new medical insurance was almost identical to our old insurance. I happened to find out that our insurance changed two days before my yearly ob/gyn visit. I didn't have my new card and wasn't sure when the effective date was. I didn't want to change this appointment again. I had already been rescheduling since May. So I go present the old insurance card and then a week later I sent in the new card. No problem. Today I get my EOB (explanation of benefits) and you know what? Evidently my doctor that I have been seeing for years and who I like (gotta like and be comfortable with the doctor that does "that" kind of intimate and uncomfortable medical speciality) is NOT in the network with this new insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just a bit pissed!!!!!!! Wouldn't you be???? I have to pay for this visit!!!
'myspace
Elvis Presley Enterprises and the Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The Med) kicked off the license plate campaign last October as a fund-raising effort for The Med, home of the Elvis Presley Memorial Trauma Center. "We're struggling here," said Sandy Snell, vice president of public relations for The Med. She said this week about 500 people have placed orders, but the state requires a minimum of 1,000 orders to justify producing a specialty plate. "We thought it would be so easy, but we've gotten to this 500 mark and we're kind of stuck," Snell said. She advertised the campaign locally and in Middle Tennessee, then said she ran into budget constraints at The Med and hasn't been able to advertise in East Tennessee. The first deadline passed during the summer, but The Med was granted a one-year extension -- until July 1, 2007 -- to try to come up with another 500 buyers. Elvis Presley Enterprises spokesman Kevin Kern said EPE has promoted the plate in its newsletter and on its Web site, elvis.com. It renewed the Web site push with a reminder on the site's opening page Thursday.
Elvis and The Med are not the first to run into the 1,000-minimum stumbling block. When the Memphis Grizzlies and the National Civil Rights Museum attempted to create specialty plates, they were unable to get 1,000 orders. However, the Tennessee Titans football team is one of the top five sellers among specialty plates in the state.
Specialty plates cost about $35 more than a regular license plate, and Snell said The Med would receive about $20 of the revenue for each plate sold. She said she has had numerous calls from people outside the state who are interested in an Elvis plate, but the orders must come from licensed Tennessee drivers to qualify.
Now this just blows my mind that only 500 people would want an Elvis speciality plate!!! Makes me want to move to Tennessee just to have this plate. No, I'm just kidding! I guess most Elvis fans live outside Tennessee!
'myspace
2 Comments:
Blogger Edtime Stories said...
Yikes about the Ob/Gyn. So do you need to find a new doctor?

I hope you find a 'comfortable' one.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
You didn't tell me about having to pay for the doctor's visit! That sucks!!!! Hope it isn't too much.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket