♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
29 yrs ago today
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am an Elvis fan. I have been to Graceland once (See pic below). I have more CD's and books on Elvis than any other artist. I have atleast 10 Elvis shirts or T-shirts. I have posters. I have my work computer and my home computer with Elvis as my screensaver.
I get goose bumps when I hear an Elvis song come on the radio.
I don't know why I am such an Elvis fan but I just am. Love him or hate him, I adore him, his music and his legend. Young, oh so fine Elvis or even fat, jumpsuit wearing bloated Elvis. I like his music in all the phases of his life. I am even a member of an Elvis fan club. I have even dressed as Elvis for Halloween. Guess you could call me an Elvis freak. But that's okay. I don't mind.
Today marks the 29th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death. So in honor and in memory of the king of rock-n-roll, I dedicate this blog entry to him. May his legend only continue to grow and we all know he's the richest dead entertainer.
Now, excuse me as I go make me a peanut butter and nanner sandwich.

A couple Elvis quotes:
"I ain't no saint, but I've tried never to do anything that would hurt my family or offend God...I figure all any kid needs is hope and the feeling he or she belongs. If I could do or say anything that would give some kid that feeling, I would believe I had contributed something to the world." -Elvis commenting to a reporter, 1950's.

"When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was the hero of the comic book. I saw movies, and I was the hero in the movie. So every dream I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times...I learned very early in life that: ‘Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain’t got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend - without a song.' So I keep singing a song. Goodnight. Thank you.” -From his acceptance speech for the 1970 Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Nation Award. Given at a ceremony on January 16, 1971. (Elvis quotes from copyrighted material with lines from the song “Without a Song”.)
12 Comments:
Blogger Keshi said...
Long live Elvis Presley!

I love his songs and I 3 Elvis CDs. My fav from him is 'Suspicious Minds'...whats ur's?


Keshi.

Blogger Knight said...
I'm a fan of Elvis too. I played a few of his songs last night in his honor.

Blogger KJ said...
Elvis rocks!!!!

Blogger RobynB said...
I can't believe its been 29yrs.

I remember Elvis dying like some people remember the day Kennedy was shot.

Wow.

“ ‘Til we meet you again, may God bless you. Adios.”
-Said in 1977 at the end of a concert during his last tour.

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
g'morning....hmm its been 29 yrs ? hrm

Blogger erika said...
Elvis truly was the King

Blogger starry said...
I love his songs and have quite a collection of his music, but have not been to graceland.

Blogger Leigh said...
Wow where did that time go.

Hope you are having a good week.

Blogger NeverEnough said...
I'm a Kentucky girl too and just watched the A&E special on Elvis. Twice. He was a God!

Blogger Blessed said...
KESHI, KNIGHT, KRISTEN, ROBYN, DIAL UP, ERIKA, STARRY, LEIGH, NEVER ENOUGH
Thank you all for your comments.
Or as Elvis would say
"Thank you.....Thank you very much"

Blogger Blessed said...
Never enough..thanks for stopping by. I would like to visit your blog but your profile is not public.
Blessings!

Blogger hockeyman said...
I was working framing houses for the summer --we were all up sheeting sheeting a roof in Edmonton... the radio was on all day and the announcer interupted came on and Elvis was dead...all afternoon it was solid Elvis. Everybody rememebers where they were...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket