♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Thursday, August 10, 2006
We are lucky
NEWS OF THE DAY:
British police said Thursday they thwarted a terrorist plot, possibly just days away, to blow up U.S.-bound jetliners over the Atlantic and kill thousands. Chilling accounts leaked by investigators described a plan on the scale of Sept. 11 that would use liquid explosives concealed as everyday carry-on items and common electronic devices to bring down 10 planes in a nearly simultaneous strike.

Every morning I awake to the television. It automatically turns on to wake me up and this is terrible news is what I hear.

Did this scare you? Doesn't this scare you?

They have gotten us before. I have to say I had started to become comfortable again in my life. I had started to feel a little safer since 9/11. This just woke me up. As I go thru life and get boggled down with all the don't matters, this event makes me not take my freedom for granted.

Today's happenings have definitely sent chills up my spine. I am fearful and scared. Almost the same feelings I had on September 11th except THANK GOD no loss of life today. No buildings annihilated. This is such a scary world we live in. I am so happy and proud to be an American and yet I am fearful. So many hate us. So many want to hurt us.
I THANK GOD for all the men and women out there
who are protecting us.
I THANK GOD that I am safe; that my family is safe.
I THANK GOD for all that I have today.
I THANK GOD this plot was thwarted.
I THANK GOD there was no loss of life.
How lucky we ALL are to live in this great nation
and to have all we have.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

6 Comments:
Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
Yes this world we live in is crazy.
*hugs*

Blogger starry said...
I hope god takes care of everyone everywhere.The world is indeed geting unsafe.

Blogger KJ said...
Makes me very scared.

Blogger Flora Pang said...
I totally heard it on TV too. And from what I heard (not sure, cuz I "watched" tv while surfing the net, i was only half listening), some countries (probably America or Canada) now demand people to take off their shoes while passing the security thingy...isn't that weird?

Blogger Leigh said...
This has made me very speechless. Thank you for this post.

God Bless.

Blogger Blessed said...
Dial-up Princess- Hug back.
Starry-God is good.
Kristen-I'm glad I'm not alone feeling the way I do.
Flora P-it's just unreal. I couldn't stop watching the TV while at home and I listened to AM radio at work.
Leigh-thanks for stopping by.
God bless you.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket