♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Monday, July 31, 2006
more updates
**Funerals........what you can you say other than just sad. I was doing okay and then some song was played by Vince Gill and the hairs of my arms stood up. I don't listen to alot of country music (that's right, I don't really and I leave in KY, the south). I do love Vince Gill's voice. I happen to own one of his CD's. Well, the tears welled up in my eyes and of course, I had changed purses and had no tissue. I used the inside of my blouse.
And thank goodness for waterproof mascara! Seeing her children, her husband, her sister, and her parents. That just killed me. I can't stand to see someone suffer. I feel so helpless. All I can do is put is my arms around them and let them know I care. Not just today, when everything is so fresh but all the days to come when things somewhat start to settle.
I think people forget about things as time starts to pass. I think then is when you are needed the most.
Call me crazy but the cemetary was beautiful. I have always thought cemetaries were so peaceful. I don't mind being at the cemetary. Afterall, it's not the dead you have to worry about, it's the living. The service at the grave yard was short. I went up and put my hand on her silver coffin and told her that I was going to be here for her children. I took a pink carnation off the casket so I can dry and press it.
Two words: HEART WRENCHING.
She is at peace. God love her. God love and comfort the aching hearts of all those who miss her so much.

**On a positive note, it looks as though, I'm finally going to be getting that beach vacation I so badly wanted and needed. Looks as tho that in just a couple of weeks, me and my hubby are gonna go to Myrtle Beach for a week!
YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Funny story. My dad bought me the cutest ceramic froggie. It has some sensor in it that when you walk by it, it croaks. Well, it's the cutest thing and my puppy is freaked out by it. When he walks by it, he sets it off and then he starts barking at it. LOL. What a sight!

*Finally got some fresh, home grown tomatoes!!!!!!! Compliments of my dad. Also, my husband bought some fresh sweet corn. Gonna have a good ole dinner tonight.

*Back to work tomorrow. Only have to work 4 days. Big smile. Gettin' my hair done tomorrow. Trim, highlight and the too-much-fun eyebrow wax (yes, I'm being sarcastic). My hair is growing out from being very short. As in spiky short. Or punk rocker short. So I enjoy my trims to shape it up. I enjoy my highlights to cover the gray that I have. Not alot of gray but I don't like having these gray wiry hairs at 35!

*To end my post, question for ya'll:
If you were a rapper, what would your rapper stage name be??????

***********************BLESSINGS!!!!*****************************
7 Comments:
Blogger starry said...
Sad post. it is true we have to fear the living. If i was a rapper My name would be ST-AR-RY.

Blogger KJ said...
Good for you for getting to go to the beach.

I can't believe you don't listen to country :)

I'll have to think on the rapper name

Blogger Knight said...
Good morning Blessed.

Nice to hear you're going to the beach.

Never thought about a rapper mane??? I don't know... Knight Fresh? Biggie Knight (don't really care for that one) Maybe you could help me out on that one!!!

Blogger RobynB said...
The beach? Awesome... you deserve some down time.

My rapper name..hmmmm. Excellent question!

I'll have to ponder that one.

Have a great day sweetie

Blogger erika said...
I am jealous! I want to go to the beach!

Rapper name...umm I am going to have to think on the one

Blogger Leigh said...
What a heart felt post. Those poor kids.

Hmmm rapper this is a very hard question.... I suck at this.

Blogger Blessed said...
Come on my peeps....you gotta think of a rap name.
I think I will be
"bless" "said"
or "bless" "said" "B"....get it????

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket