♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Shock part two
My mind is just consumed with thoughts about my dearly departed friend and those she left behind. Everytime I try to busy myself with my work and just living, my mind always wonders right back to her.
My question of the day:
When you go to work, how do you leave it at the door? How do you leave your problems, emotions at the door? How do you put your self in check?
I have yet to figure that one out. That has always been so difficult for me.
I keep thinking of her children. There are three. I didn't mention the oldest son who wasn't with them on vacation (He was watching their home and cat). I keep thinking how I, too, lost my mother. However, I have no memory of her. They do. She was such a huge part of their life.
What I thought was so cool about my friend was how she talked to her
kids...she talked to them, not down to them. So loving and understanding. She was so giving. I remember the last time I saw her, she brought her youngest daughter by because her youngest daughter had a little surprise for me....a little stuffed froggy that she has won at the fair that my church has every year. I also remember a time that she and her daughter surprised me with this froggy bracelet. They came over to the house one day after I got off work and gave me this sweet little bracelet. She did things like that. Just last night I went rumaging thru my jewelry armoire lookin' for that bracelet and the sweet little note that she and her daughter wrote. I also found the last Christmas card she sent. I just wanted to run my fingers over what she had wrote as though it would bring me closer to her. It's amazing how when someone is no longer here how you try to remember every moment you had with that person.
Just before they left for vacation she was cleaning out her fridge and gave my husband some food that she thought would perish before they got home. She gave us eggs, two packages of cherry cresent rolls, cheese ball, and some garlic parmesan crackers. If my husband was over at their house she would always feed him, or send food home with him. I can even remember her, out of the blue, bringing over some strawberry shortcakes for us. I'm sure I still have some of her dishes.
My heart just hurts right now. I do believe she is at peace and she isn't
hurting or isn't sick anymore. She had gained alot of weight since she had been put on steriods off and on over the years. I see her right now being that skinny chick that she wanted to be again.
My heart just breaks for those children and so badly I wish I could take away their pain, their loss.
I went and seen them tonight. Took them some candy. You know the cool candy like: pop rocks, glow and the dark suckers, gummy worms with tongs that light up when you pick up a gummy worm. I'm a bad aunt like that. LOL. They seemed to be doing good considering. But it has all just begun. I know the reality of it all has not set in. I hope they will let me and my husband be their for them. I ask again my wonderful, caring, blogger friends to keep them in your prayers. Prayers work wonders.
I thank you for all your kind comments. You all are sooooooo kind!!!!!!!!!!
6 Comments:
Blogger KJ said...
No words can express the sympathy that I give to them

Blogger Elaine Denning said...
I am so sorry. My heart goes out to her family...and to you.

"The space that someone fills when they are alive is so much smaller than the space which remains when they are gone"

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
*hugs* for you , *hugs* for them in this trying time.

Blogger Leigh said...
You and that family are in my thoughts and prayers! *hugs*

Blogger RobynB said...
Treasure her memories and share them with her children. That will be priceless to them.

I lost my father when I was 10. They will love even the tiniest stories and tales you share.

hugs

Blogger ell said...
i am so, so very sorry. for her family, for you.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket