♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Sunday, July 23, 2006
This smile that I wear, it can be deceiving.
Little do you know what I am feeling inside.
I can mask what is really going on underneath.
I don't want to wear this mask, but sometimes
it's easier. Easier to just keep it all inside.
I am a truthful person. So sometimes I feel
I am lying by not revealing what is there.
I also think that if I let it out, the reality of it
will set in. Do I want to face it?
I guess not.
Not yet.
I don't feel it's healthy to keep it bottled up.
But that's what I do knowing one day it
will surface.
Until then I wear my mask
and try to hide it.
Some days are much easier
than others.
One day my mask will no longer
be able to cover it any longer.
I know I will not
be able to stand to wear
the awful mask anymore.
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
ah..our masks. pray tell, where would we be without them?

sometimes, they serve a distinct and useful purpose. others, they are like an iron maiden with twisted daggers driven deeper n' deeper into the soul with each resounding thud.

...i go now, to crawl back into mine maske {{smilez}}

Blogger RobynB said...
How touching and true. Masks are everywhere... I wear mine way too often.

Hugs
~Robyn

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
everyone has a mask *sigh* , sad but true. :)

Blogger erika said...
Very true words. Don't we all have our masks.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket