♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Shock


I got up today and checked a few blogs. On KJ's blog I wrote "Happy Tuesday....I hope."
Guess what? It hasn't been a Happy Tuesday. It has been quite sad. I guess you could say
that I am in shock. One of my friends passed away yesterday. She, her husband and two kids
were on vacation at a beach, in another state, as they do every year. My friend is only in her
early 40's. 40-41. She has had bad health-as in asthma for sometime. According to what
I have heard, she said she wasn't feeling well yesterday and went to lay down. Her husband
was in another room at their rented condo playing cards with the kids (ages 8 and 12).
Her husband went to check on her and felt that she was cold. That's it...just like that....she
was gone. The husband and the kids are driving back to KY right now. They are doing an autopsy back where they were and then flying the body back home.
People!!!!! I am so in shock! I feel so bad for these kids, her husband. I can't imagine the shock and sadness they are feeling right now. There whole world has been knocked upside down and
things will never be the same. So now I'm asking for your prayers for this family. They are going to need God's comfort. This husband happens to be my husband's best friend. They are like brothers. The kids call me and my husband "aunt and uncle". I am so scattered right now.
Again, I just can't believe she's gone. I just can't imagine them all in their car, driving 12 long hours with out their mom; without his wife. Shock....that's all I feel.
7 Comments:
Blogger Reprobate said...
That's awful to hear. One thing to be thankful for is that she went peacefully in her sleep instead of violently or thourgh prolonged illness.

Best thoughts and prayers to your family and hers.

Blogger Madame X said...
Thoughts and prayers.
My heart is breaking for that family.
You are a good person to ask for prayers for them in their time of need.

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
my prayers go out to them ...*hugs*

Blogger KJ said...
*hugs and plenty of prayers*

Blogger Leigh said...
Oh my goodness! I could not imagaine how difficult that has to be on that family. Summer holidays will never be the same for any of thme. My thoughts and prayer are with them. I know you will find the strength to be there for her husband and kids.

Blogger Afz said...
I know how that must feel and I am sorry for your loss. Even I lost a few people a couple of months ago, and I realized one thing, time is the best healer.....
...........I shall pray for her, she must be resting in heaven by now....

Blogger RobynB said...
My heart just sunk. I can't begin to imagine their pain and sorrow.

*hugs*

I'm praying for all of you

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket