♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Saturday 8
From a blog that I just discovered www.saturday8.blogspot.com
(this was from 8/5/06 blog entry on this site)

1. are you currently in love? Yes!
2. do you have a "one that got away?" tell us about him/her. if not, describe your last awesome partner.
I don't feel that I have a story about the one that got away. I feel that
past relationships ended. period. No one got away we just ended. And that was that. My last awesome partner? Well, that has to be Mr. Blessed.
We have been together for 10 years and almost 8 years (Sept.) married.
We have had our ups and downs as any couple would, but as always, I thank God for him because I am blessed.
3. recently, a florida couple got stranded on their first date (read about it here). although it's not terribly romantic, it's sweet that they've decided that even after being stranded for 6 hours they're willing to go on a second date! what's your favourite romantic story? (this can be a movie, book, poem, story of long-lost love from a friend or relative, etc.) tell us about it. Favorite romantic story? I like how Carrie and Mr. Big ended up together
on the last episode of Sex and the City. Their story definitely had it's highs and lows. I tend to be drawn to realistic story lines where couples have problems and (hopefully) work thru them.
Real life romantic story? My brother and his wife have been married 17 years and they got married after only knowing each other 6 months!
I think that two wonderful, loving people found each other and they have a marriage that I aspire to have-even after 17 years.
4. what's the hardest thing you've had to deal with in a relationship?
substance abuse
5. when it comes to lovers, are you the 'jealous type'? I really don't think I'm the jealous type. I don't mind my honey talking to women and being friends with women or even spending time with his male friends, but
should I see some chick flirting with my man, I will admit it flatters me and then it makes a little ticked becuz most the time I'm with him and they know he is taken. I feel that some girls just do it to get my goat!
But I'm not reaching over and grabbing nobody by the head and puttin' the smack down on'em or bad mouthing.
6. do you believe in 'love at first sight,' or do you think it's a chemical/biological lustful response? I don't believe in love at first sight. I do believe it's a chemical/biological lustful response only. I can admit that I have seen a hot guy and my hormones went into overdrive but then I've talked to him and fizzle! he's stuck on himself, or he's drunk or he's got no personality, etc. Physical appearance is good but I need the whole package. Like what's on the inside-that's where I mostly drawn.
7. do you believe that a person has a 'one true love,' the person that he/she was destined to be with forever? No I do not believe that a person has only one true love. I believe we have many true loves. I do believe we have to work on the forever part. I believe that once we decide we have found our match we must work on keeping the love alive, keeping it fresh. Fall in love with that person over and over again. And it does take two to do this. Not one partner trying to do it all.
8. love gone wrong - what's the worst romantic 'horror story' you've ever heard, maybe from your friends or family, or something that's happened to you?
Love gone wrong-goodness! I hear alot of this. Most stories aren't love gone wrong but love gone bored. Or I love you till someone better comes along. Or the butterflies are gone-uh-oh, time for a change.

Or we're married now, I got you, no need to try anymore.
Maybe this isn't the worst romantic horror story but I know this girl
who got into a relationship with this pot smoking, alcoholic guy when they were in college. She was attracted to the bad boy, hell raising fellow that he so obviously was. There was chemistry and sex that was so good and then there was the sweet side of him that he sometimes let out and she was so delighted to see. That sweet side was where he was caring, loving and gentle. Where he admitted his flaws, showed off his goofy, funny side, where he was shared his dreams. He would love her up-mind, body and soul. Loved her up not just sexually but with his heart and soul. Enter his self destructive side-alcohol. He let it control him and out came the other side of him-the ugly side, the very ugly side. And so the cycle of abuse started-abusive words, threats, smacks, hits, break ups and back together and then the realization of his actions and then the pitiful, heart wrenching sorrowful apologies and then she would forgive the ugly side and then the wonderful, earth shaking make-ups would almost wipe away the demolishing track it caused. Eventually, the ugly side just kept getting uglier, her self esteem lacked, her motivations were few and the good side of him seemed to be a distant memory. The apologizes came less. The hurt that she held in her soul eventually killed her desire for him. Finally, one day, by the grace of God, she knew she had enough and she decided to close that dreadful chapter of her life...it only had taken four and a half years. He tried to beg her back. He even threatened her. But her mind was made up and when she walked away with what was left of her pride, she walked away for good, for the better and stronger.
That horror story was about me.
5 Comments:
Blogger starry said...
Me first ...Nice informative post.I think in life you really have one true love. maybe u had many boyfriends or girlfriend, people u thought was your true love .I believe in destiny and that the one you end up with is your true love.I have an interesting story to tell and one day I will write a post on it.When u read it you will believe in destiny.

Blogger The Volpinator said...
Me second! I agree with her! Great post!

And while I'm not currently in love, I have had those romantic moments and I do have the one that got away entirely because of my own stupidity.

As for one true love, I certainly hope he's out there!

Thanks for such positive insights!

Blogger Elaine Denning said...
I really enjoyed reading that Blessed...it was so insightful. Some great answers there too. I'm glad you managed to walk away from that man.

Blogger Blessed said...
Starry-I can't wait to read your post about destiny!
Coacharob-Thanks for stopping by. Maybe you could write a post about the one that got away?
Miss U-Thanks for reading-I, too, am very glad I saw the light and got away from the ex.

Blogger Fig said...
no no nONONONONONNO!

groan

I know I'm the last person on the planet.. but I still hadn't seen the last season of Sex and the City ..... aaaaack!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket