♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Vacation was great!
My husband and I went to Myrtle Beach. This vacation was planned spur of the moment as many vacations that I take with my husband are. I think I knew maybe 3 to 4 weeks before that I was going.
We drove since plane tickets were outrageous. I flew to Myrtle Beach last year with my sister and some girl friends but this year the tickets were double! I'm not a big fan of riding in a car. I don't know if I have ever mentioned this before but I if I am a passenger in a car and it starts to rain, well, I have alot of anxiety. This even happens when I am a passenger in a car in my own town. Now, if I'm in a car, alone, and it starts to rain, I can keep my composure even tho I do get nervous. If I'm driving my car in the rain in my town and I have a passenger, well, I get even more nervous.
So, you will not catch me driving in the rain, any long distance to towns I don't know with passengers!!! I know I'm a freak!
So on to my point---we left for vacation on Saturday Aug. 19 and it was raining and then pouring!!!!!!! I WAS IN HELL! And I know my freaking out, my anxiety, my panic, was making my husband feel like he was in Hell!!!!!! I wish I had control of this but I don't. I don't know why I freak like this, but I do. I cannot close my eyes, or lay my head back, I cannot sleep, I cannot read, I cannot take Valium or Zanax I cannot do anything but keep my eyes on the road! It's as tho, I must see what is going on at all times. Thank God for the the little strap right above the door near the passenger side window, I hang on for dear life. I'm actually shocked that I can use my right hand after holding it up and holding on so tight for so long. If we get close to an 18 wheeler or 18 wheelers, I freak. Or if I feel we are getting to close to the car in front of us, I freak. Or if I seeing alot of braking in front of us, I freak. Now I must mention that when I freak, I don't start screamin', or cryin' (I come very close!!!), my heartbeat accelerates, I can feel my blood pressure start to rise, my face becomes flushed, I have to force myself to breathe, my palms sweat and I feel like a clam, I just become a nervous wreck and I do try to stay calm. I pray like there is no tomorrow!!! And sometimes I try to calmly say over and over (it usually comes out in a whine), "This sucks" or "I hate this". I say those things alot. I just can't explain this torture that I suffer. And I don't know how to fix it!
But I suffer just to get to my beloved beach, ocean, vacation!
So here is a pic of me not too long after I got out the car on Sunday Aug 20. I must mention that we thankfully did not drive the whole 9 hours on Saturday. We stopped midpoint.
I also must mention that the rain did stop before we stopped on Saturday. The rain stopped somewhere in Tennessee and we did not have to drive thru the those scary "S" curves in the mountains of North Carolina. Can't thank God enough for that!!





7 Comments:
Blogger ThatGuy said...
I try to run with the idea that it doesn't matter what it takes or how you get there, just as long as you get there.

Blogger Leigh said...
You would not fair well here, It rains 90% of the time, either you would get used to it or not drive anywhere. The beach looks awesome, and well worth the rainy ride.

Have a good day blessed!!

Blogger Elaine Denning said...
When my Mum goes on a car journey, my stepdad hands her a bottle of wine and a paper cup, and says "Drink that and SHUTUP!"

Glad you had a good time x

Blogger KJ said...
Morning!!!!

Wish I was at that beach right now

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
Im glad you had a great vacation sans the ride there of course....*hugs*...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
My wife is the same way, but she does yell. Scares the crap out of me!

Blogger Fig said...
Rain I can handle... snow and ice and slush... THEN I freak. I'm a complete hermit for at least 3 months of the year..

and how cute are you in that pic!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket