♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Monday, September 04, 2006
Happy Labor Day!
Happy Labor Day!
First celebrated in New York in 1882, Labor Day began as a parade to honor the working class. From the beginning, the celebration proved a favorite. Over the next day, similar Labor Day celebrations began cropping up across the United States. In fact, Colorado, New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts even passed laws declaring Labor Day a state holiday. In 1894, the U.S. Congress followed suit. Just 12 years after New York held the first Labor Day parade, Congress declared the first Monday of each September a national holiday in honor of the working class. Canada also celebrates Labor Day on the first Monday of September.
I'm glad today is a paid Holiday for me.

Sad news:
Steve Irwin, 44, the quirky Australian naturalist who won worldwide acclaim as TV's khaki-clad "Crocodile Hunter," was killed by a stingray barb through the heart while filming a new documentary on Monday.
That's just freakin' awful. Very entertaining dude! God bless him!

What about them Cats?
UK vs Louisville. The season kicks off and I had, yet again, a glimmer of hope in my heart for our football team.
And, yet again, they beat us 59 to 28. The sucky thing for me is
I like football better than basketball and yet our basketball team is the team that has been so great. Had fun watching the game and listening to all the heckling. Poor Cats!

Hello to you Miss Understood!
I wish I could comment on your blog but it won't let me, as you know. So, hopefully, one day, I will be able to comment. I loved your blog for Sunday, Sept. 3rd. I saved my comment so I hopefully will be able to add it.
What is this blogger beta anyway???

Questions for anyone who feels like answering:
Have you ever tried to be friends with someone but they didn't exactly seem
like they wanted to be your friend back? Or better yet, you thought you were friends but then you felt they were holding back? And you didn't know why?
Okay, since I'm just rolling with the questions, here's another: Have you ever had a friend that seemed nice to you in person but when ever they were
in front of others they seemed somewhat cocky and dismissing of you?
Just curious.

Well, that's enough for today.
Blessings!




8 Comments:
Blogger Dark Lady said...
If I try to befriend someone who doesn't want to be my friend...I move on.
Life is too short to waste energy on those who don't want to be your friend.
Instead enjoy the people who do want to be your friend, people who are your friends.

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
I completely agree with what dark lady said and YES life is tooo short.
Sadly i've been in a similiar situation. *hugs*

Blogger Keshi said...
Steve has been mentioned in many blogs ard the world. This shows how much he was loved by the average person. TY Blessed!

keshi.

Blogger RobynB said...
Crickey! Its very sad about Steven Irwin. A stingray? Who'd a thought?

Friends:
Yes. What I don't understand, is when they are the one pursuing the friendship and once you come on board... they drop you.

I just don't understand people sometimes.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Maybe it's not them that are pursing the friendship......maybe they aren't faking being nice to you in public but just being polite because you force yourselves on them as you do in blogs.........

Blogger Blessed said...
Anonymous,
Why can't you use your name?
How am I to know to not force
myself on your blog if I don't know where to stay away?
I wish you could be brave enough
to sign your name.
Why do you want to be such
a chicken, such a COWARD?
I understand you can not handle my reality and my truth on your blog.
But until you can reveal your name,
guess you'll just have to deal, or move, or delete my forceful comments, won't ya COWARD?????

Blogger ThatGuy said...
Everyone has the freedom to read what they want. If they don't like the way you present yourself, then they can fornicate themselves with a rusty iron rod.

Sometimes it just isn't working, sometimes its a politeness thing, sometimes some people are just geuninely distant and reserved. Whatever the cause, their is a reason, although not always evident. I do tend to agree with dark lady and dial-up and that there is a timeframe to put up with it before just moving on though...

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
answering your questions:
Have you ever tried to be friends with someone but they didn't exactly seem like they wanted to be your friend back?

I know this happens, but all friendships are a two-way project.

Or better yet, you thought you were friends but then you felt they were holding back? And you didn't know why?

Yes, that happens a lot, sometimes it is confusion about what people are feeling.

Have you ever had a friend that seemed nice to you in person but when ever they were
in front of others they seemed somewhat cocky and dismissing of you?

It used to happen in high school and college. I don't think that it has happened in a while to me. Maybe again in the blog world that happens.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket