♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Monday, May 07, 2007
Just a wee bit nervous
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


I'm a bit nervous.
You see I get nervous when I get
on an airplane.
I haven't flown in two years.
I do have anxiety issues.
I get nervous in a car.
I get nervous in a plane.
I chose the plane over being
in a car for 8 hours.
The plane being so much quicker
and safer.
But still I'm freakin' a bit.
I am trying to keep myself calm.
I even had my doc write me out
a prescription for valium.
Just a little something to take
the edge off.
Here's the thing--
my mind is just out of control.
I guess I have watched too
many shows and movies about
airplane crashes.
You know, how the TV show
"Lost" began.
Then there is that movie
"Alive" where those soccer
players went down in the Andes
Mountains and they had do eat
human flesh to stay alive.
Then there is "Castaway"
with Tom Hanks.
Then there is the documentary
I watched on United Flight 232
which crashed (as in cartwheeling).
I should have never watched that
video!!
Last but certainly not least is
Comair Flight 5191 which crashed
August 28, 2006 only 49 seconds
in the air, went down the wrong
runway, and that's where I'm flying
out of.
Hey wait minute!
9/11 !!!!!!!!!!
Plus, as a big ole dumby I
checked out the airdisasters.com
website. As if seeing that
would make me feel better!
However, it did give me some
websites to check out regarding
fear of flying.

Just to give you an example of how
my mind (that never turns off!) works.
I go to the tanning bed tonight.
I'm trying to relax. But yet my
mind starts remembering the feeling
of being in the plane, taxing, then
building up speed, the noise of the
wheels, the acceleration, and then lift off,
the feeling in my stomach............
it is tho I can almost feel it and then
my stomach drops as if the plane is
going down and I kid you not this is the lyric I hear playing on the radio:

"We got the bubbleheaded bleach-blonde,
comes on at 5. She can tell you about the
plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die,
give us dirty laundry"
(From Don Henley's song "Diry Laundry)

Coincidence, I'm sure.
But I hate when things like that happen.
Doesn't quell my fears.
I did not lay there calmly, I must add.

Bottom line, I am going to the beach.
4 days.
I'm scared.
I'll get over it.
I will sit there and
worry and sweat till we land,
switch planes, and up again,
then land.
I just had to share.
Please keep your fingers
crossed that things go
smoothly and that my praying
and my valium work!
10 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
aww wish you a safe trip, Blessed-chan!!
im sure you will be okay :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
You will be fine!!!!

Blogger Fig said...
I totally understand... I'm afraid to fly too. It'll all be just fine... try not to worry too much. Just think about the beach and pretend you're not on a plane, you're floating in the water.

I'll be thinking of you!

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
I wish you a safe trip and remind you that flying is safer than driving. At least those flying had to train. Anyone can drive....*hugs***

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey there!

I think the tanning beds are more dangerous.. ;-)

But I know how you feel, I'm nervous about flying too.

Last time I went to the Bahamas, the lady SITTING next to me, who looked like a grandma, offered to hold my hand. Do you think I accepted, HELL YEAH, I have absolutely no pride when it comes to FEAR! ;-)

Blogger Nancy said...
You will love it... and it will be over before you know it! ENJOY!

Blogger Jerrster said...
I just about get smashed every time I fly.

It's probably unnecessary...and might make my arrivals less controversial.

Blogger Bob said...
Erica Jong's book, "The Fear of Flying" may be of help to you but as I recall, it has little to do with flying....but that would be what Erica's writing is all about. Don't sweat the plane flight. Save the sweating for the beach. Have fun!

Blogger erika said...
Jus think of the beach and how much this plane ride would be worth it.

Blogger AndySax25 said...
If i can fly again... anyone can. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, and it took lots of valium, but i did. I got on that plane, because i knew my mom and dad wouldn't want me to stop my life because of it. My mom and dad were killed on Flight 5191, on August 27, 2006.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket