♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Monday, April 30, 2007
133rd Kentucky Derby




It's Derby time folks!!!
I have to say it's a pretty exciting
time to live in KY when it's that
time where the horses run for the roses.
I feel even more proud to be from
KY this time of year.
I feel like the world gets to see
that KY isn't all backwoods applachian
uneducated people.
When it's Derby time I can't tell you
how very emotional I get when they
play our state song
"My Old Kentucky Home".
Goosebumps. Tears well up in my eyes.
And they're off!!!!!!!!!!
No, I won't be sipping on mint juleps.
I have never been a fan.
I won't be sporting a big ole fancy
hat or sitting on millionaire's row.
But I probably will visiting Keeneland
and have been invited to a nice
Derby party--catered, open bar,
live music, under a tent.

I can feel the excitment brewing
in the warm May air.
I hope you can feel it.
I hope you pick a winner!
Just 5 days away.
11 Comments:
Blogger Elaine Denning said...
Bet you can't wait!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh! I would absolutely love to attend the Kentucky Derby! It must be so beautiful to see those amazing horses race!!!!

Have fun and have a little thought for me while you're there! ;-)

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
You got to me before I got to you today.

You bring such inspiration and joy to the world. Your faith and love have real power in the blogosphere.

Blogger Blessed said...
MISS U---
BET you are right!!!!!!!!!!

NANCY---
I have never been to the KY Derby
but some day I will!!

EDTIME---
Why Ed that was so sweet. Thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!

Blogger Nancy said...
What an exciting time for Kentucky. I visited this very spot in November with my son and his wife and it was a thrill just to visit. I can only imagine living there, and actually attending this special event. Enjoy the entire week!

Blogger starry said...
I love watching the kentucky derby and have watched it for many years.I love to see the horses run and so did my mom.we used to watch it together.It must be nice to live in kentucky at this time.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
that Julep looks good but I look terrible in big fancy hats.

Blogger Blessed said...
STARRY NIGHTS---
Yes, it's a heart thumping, goosebump causing moment that makes for a very fun, party day!!!

STUPIDTOM---
Oh come now!!! I bet you would look smashing in a big ole fancy derby hat!

Blogger Jerrster said...
someday I'm going to come see the Derby...I love all the hoopla and I'd go for a few mint julips and lots of
champagne...and you say there is a horse race TOO?

Blogger Blessed said...
NANCY (Daily Blessings)---
I just love the build up especially hearing about this horse and then another horse and their story and how they are gonna win.
I love listening to people talk about what their plans are. I rarely speak to anyone in KY that says that they aren't planning to do something or go somewhere for Derby.
Very festive time.
Tomorrow the post positions (I believe) come out and I'm doing a Derby pull at work.
I've even pulled some stats for my husband to look over so he can start making his choices for his bets.
I hope the weather is pretty.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Blogger Blessed said...
JERRSTER---
I want to be on millionaires row and drink Champagne with ya!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket