♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Sunday, July 15, 2007
24 things about me
Some of these things you may know, some you may not.
Just felt like writing it down.

1. I love the ocean and the beach. The ocean mesmerizes
me.I feel so content to be near it or in it.
My dream is to live closer to the ocean.
It is yet another way I see Heaven
on earth.
And by the way, a true vacation to me
is for me to be around water, preferrably
the ocean and warm weather.
2. I am an Elvis fan. I like him in all
stages. I like to kid people and say
"Elvis is alive!" Becuz he is in my heart
and many of his die-hard fans. I have more
Elvis CD's and books than any other artist.
3. I collect frogs. I have since the day I
got married (Sept. 1998). I think a frogs
beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just
like me.
4. I like mermaids. Since I love the sea
and I love the water, I have this thing
where I wish I was a mermaid swimming,
living in the water. Even tho I am
probably more a frog, I want to be the
mermaid.
5. My favorite food is sushi/sashmimi.
and any seafood. Yet another thing about
the sea.
6. I enjoy collecting notecards/stationery.
I enjoy writing notes to people. I think
snail mail is a lost art. What's better
than opening your mailbox and seeing amongst
the bills a card from a friend?
Also, when I say I enjoy writing I also mean
I love to pick up a good writing ink pen
and just write. I like my handwriting and
I like to doodle. I do think I have
a creative side. I have been known to
create my own greeting cards, drawing, doodling.
I entertain the idea of creating my own line of
cards.
7. Obviously, I like being on the internet.
There is so much to see. It's the world
at your finger tips.
8. I love being Catholic. I am a convert
and I do like to share my faith. Becoming
Catholic changed my life in the best way.
I still struggle, but I am on a much better
path. It has centered me and made me realize
what is truly important in life.
9. I am book obsessed. I love to read. I
love to buy books. It's hard for me to
go the library and check out a book.
It definitely would save me lots of money but
if I read a good book, I just can't see
myself turn it back in. It has to be mine since
it touched me so much. I dream of having a
library in my home to display all the books
that have touched me (and maybe some that
didn't). I tend to read true stories and
biographies. Rarely do I read fiction.
You know what they say, true life is sometimes
stranger than fiction.
10. I love my pugs, Jake and Elwood. I have two pugs and they
are just adorable. I don't have children so
I guess they are mine. Jake (fawn) was a gift
from my dad and his girlfriend. My dad always knew
I wanted a pug and he gave him to me. Probably the
best gift ever! 8 months later I thought Jake needed
a buddy, so I bought Elwood (black). Two different
personalities but so sweet and loving.
11. My first pet is my cat, Spooky. He is 4 years old, solid black
and one of the meanest cats I have ever encountered.
A many of a person would have given the cat to the pound
but I couldn't after many times wanting to kill the
cat for being such a devil scratching, biting, hissing.
I do love my cat but if I had knew his personality
before hand I wouldn't have picked him.
Believe or not, despite his meaness and his not liking
of any stranger, he has this sweet side that comes out
and more so since we have gotten two pugs. He still nestles
in my neck at night as if he was still a baby. I love
how soft he is and how he wants to play. I also find
that he is racist. He won't have anything to do with
the fawn pug, but only wants (when he is in the mood) to
play with the black pug!
12. I am married. I have been for almost 9 years (as of 2007).
Marriage is such a trip. No one could have even attempted to
try to explain what all marriage is and isn't. No one
could never explain all it entails--the highs, the lows and
all the patience one needs. I am glad I am married.
Just another reason, why I am blessed--I do have a loving
husband.
13. I am a summer girl. I love summer. It is my season.
If I could, I would live where it is summer year round.
Everybody says I would miss the change of seasons, but
I if I really got to missing the change, which I doubt,
I would go see it and come back to my summer. I have to have
warm temperatures and sunshine. Snow is pretty, and changing
leaves are pretty too, but I want to be in my t-shirt, shorts,
flip flops or barefoot hanging out at the pool.
14. Speaking of t-shirts, shorts, flip-flops--I am a casual girl.
I prefer to be dressed casually. Every once in a while I will
get all dolled up and I always have my makeup on, I love my lipstick
but when it comes to clothes--just give me cut offs, and a tank top.
I don't have to have the latest fashion for fad.
15. I have an eclectic taste in music. I like pop, some rap, a little country,
R & B, funk, disco, big band & swing, some jazz, great standards.
I like Frank Sinatra, Harry Connick, Jr, Mel Torme, Michael Buble,
to Rage Against the Machine, White Stripes, Nickelback to Bob Seger, Lynard Skynard
to Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Van Halen to Fergie, Justin Timberlake, Snoop Dog,etc. I have
a wide spectrum of tunes that I like.
16. I never knew my real mother. She died when I was a little girl-almost three.
I have wondered alot about how different my life would have been if she had lived.
17. I am very close to my dad, sister and brother. I lost my half brother two weeks
before my husband and I were married(not that I ever considered him my 'half' brother--he was my brother. Period.).
18. I am not athletically gifted. Tho I do like sports--I wish I was better
at playing them. I did letter in Golf in high school.
I like to watch pretty much any sport especially if I am there in person.
I like being a spectator.
19. I do not have a green thumb. Can't even keep a cactus alive. I love
flowers and would love to plant some tomatoes or have an herb garden but
I don't becuz I just don't have the magic.
20.Speaking of flowers my favorite flower is the calla lily. But I like
tiger lillies, day lillies, stargazers, etc.
21. I have three tatoos and would like another.
22. I feel I have many likes from all over the spectrum of life--
I like Harley Davidson motorcycles, I like to do karoake, I like
to go to mass, I like a good Grey Goose Dirty Martini, I like to feed
the homeless, I like to listen to Eminem, I like to wear t-shirs
that have skulls and crossbones. I sometimes feel that these things are
contradictions but it's what I like and
how I treat people AND what my personality reflects is really who I am.
23. I am a tell it like it is kinda girl. I don't like beating around the
bush. I am genuine. I try not hurt feelings but I am sometimes blunt and
very truthful or the truth as I know it.
24. I am also my own original. I do not try to be cardboard cut out of
everyone else. I am unique. I don't care what people think of me (well,
some people I care about what they think). If I feel like being a goofball, I will
be a goofball. I can be corny. I can be mushy. I say what I mean. I am emotional and can be a bit dramatic. I feel I have an excitement about me and try to be happy, share the joy. I try to stop and smell the roses. I try to count my blessings. Now don't get me wrong I have my moments when I am down and feeling blah, but overall,
I am pretty content person who is lucky and very blessed.

Want to know something about me?
Ask.....I just might answer.
14 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Blessed,

As I was reading through your list, I couldn't help but think how much we have in common.

1. Just love the ocean.

6. My birthday is coming and I love getting cards, much better than the usual bills!

7. Obviously.. ;-)

8. Catholic up bringing but haven't been practicing much.. not too sure why....

10. As you know.

13. All the way.. yesss

14. Absolutely

15. I like all kinds of music too.

16. Sorry for you... that is sad.

18. Don't like team sports. I'm not into competition. I don't see the point.

19. Ditto.

20. Sunflowers here.

22. Love to ride on the back of a motorcycle... woooooo hoooooo

23. Get me into trouble sometimes but it's hard for me to shut up! Genuine all the way! yesssss

Thank you for sharing.. it's a great list!

Enjoy your Sunday dear Blessed!

Blogger Blessed said...
Hello NancyBee--
When is your b-day????

Anonymous Anonymous said...
My B-Day is July 27th... ;-)

When is yours?

Blogger Blessed said...
Mine--November 17th.
I wish I could have a summer b-day.

Blogger Anonypus said...
I love your blog!

Blogger Anonypus said...
Thank you for the sweetest welcome on my blog. I'm going to keep comming back to smile ;)

Love
Lolly

Anonymous Anonymous said...
laughed@ Can't even keep a cactus alive.
lololol
i dont have green thumb too, but i think i can keep a cactus for a couple years. they dont need water, do they? hehe..

Blogger Elaine Denning said...
I could have written about 20 of those!

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
well dear, loved the list but a martini is made with gin ;)

Have a great day and week.

Blogger Prometheus_Unbound said...
Grey Goose Martini's, Elvis, The Ocean, Sushi, my dogs,and most of all reading. These are a few of my favourite things also.

Are you really real?

Blogger Prometheus_Unbound said...
One more thing- Gr8 collection of mermaids.

Blogger Bob said...
We have a lot in common, too.

#1 I've lived by the ocean and owned property overlooking the Pacific ocean. I'd still be there had it not been for the wife wanting to move back to civilization.

#2 Love Elvis' rendition of Blue Moon. He will always be "The King".

#5 I'd kill for fresh sushi. Morning, noon, night - I'd could eat sushi with no problem at all.

#10 I love my Poms like you love your Pugs. There's nothing like unconditional love from a dog you love.

#12 Marriage is a challenge. Enough said.

#13 July is my favorite month of the year. Hot. Outdoor cooking. Hiking. Fireworks. My birthday. Swimming. It doesn't get any better than that.

#15 1,000 CD's, 800 vinyl LP's with a range similar to yours. Music makes my world go 'round.

#16 I never knew my father. He left my mom before I was born and never came back.

I'll stop here. Question for you: Where do you want to be in the next 5 years? In 10? What will you be doing? Where will you be?

Thanks for sharing so much of "you" with us.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Blessed,

Got my first b-day card today. Early but was great to receive it! ;-)

Blogger Keshi said...
Blessed some of these I knew abt ya but some others were new..now it's confirmed that u and I r so ALIKE!

U know that I love the ocean too..it's my solace and my best friend next to music.


**I lost my half brother two weeks
before my husband and I were married

I know abt ur brother from ur earlier posts but I didnt know he died 2 weeks b4 ur wedding. It must hv been so hard for ya...I cant even imagine how difficult the times must have been. But all ur experiences hv shaped u into being the beautiful soul that u r. And I just wanna give u a big hug now.

HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGZ beautiful!

I mite also ask u this:

Do u think outr souls travel many lifetimes?


Keshi.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket