♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Reality
re·al·i·ty (rē-ăl'ĭ-tē)

n., pl. -ties.

The quality or state of being actual or true.
One, such as a person, an entity, or an event, that is actual: “the weight of history and political realities” (Benno C. Schmidt, Jr.).
The totality of all things possessing actuality, existence, or essence.
That which exists objectively and in fact: Your observations do not seem to be about reality.

adj.
Relating to or being a genre of television or film in which a storyline is created by editing footage of people interacting or competing with one another in unscripted, unrehearsed situations.

idiom:
in reality

In fact; actually.


Miss NancyBee got me thinking about reality TV. I have to say that I mostly sick of it. There doesn't seem to be anybody in Televisionland that can think of any good ideas for TV programs. So why not come up with yet another idea for a reality show! Ugh.
There is Survivor, Big Brother, Real World on MTV, The Apprentice, Surreal Life, The Bachelor, Being Bobby Brown, Britney Spear's Chaotic, etc, etc, etc. I will also admit that some programs I have been entertained with, but very few.
I say enough already!
I guess what really got my goat was when I was flipping thru the channels (I find myself flipping thru the hundreds of channels ALOT!)about a week ago and
I see that reality show on Paul Abdul called "Hey Paula". Have you seen or heard about this show? Well, if you haven't watched it--don't. Don't waste your time.
It's like watching a train wreck. Yeah, yeah, I know people have a way about not being able to turn away from the train wreck but I did. I had to. Have you ever watched some program or movie that just made you feel uncomfortable? This is how this show made me feel. Why on earth would Paul Abdul let herself be filmed 'acting'
like she does? You can't understand her speech, she's all twitchy and not so smart?
Yes, I know it's called money and that clouds alot of minds even those whose minds that are already cloudy. Come on Paula! You actually believe I am not going to think
that you aren't on something????? Puh-lease!

I really don't believe that reality TV is all that much 'reality'. I don't believe that it's unscripted. I think people act a certain way---the key word being 'act'--
so they can get attention, get more camera time. I don't believe that alot of the ways certain people are on these shows is how they would be in
true reality. This is their key for possible stardom or atleast their 15 minutes of fame.

Anyway, I'm just going off on a tangent.
Curious to know if you watch some 'reality' TV?
What program?
What is about the program that keeps you entertained?

Peace.
12 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hi there Brenda.. oopppss sorry.. I keep giving it away... wink

Well I enjoy watching TLC, Animal Planet and Discovery..

On TLC, have you seen Little People, Big World or Tattoo Ink? Both very different but I enjoy watching these "TV Reality Shows" but as you mentioned they are probably acting a bit different for the cameras... The bald guy on Tattoo Ink.. mmmmmm outch! Very hot dude!

Oh! I used to get a kick out of Ozzy too.. lol I mean who would be married to such a freak and his wife looks sooooo classy... well most of the time...

Anyhow, there isn't much on TV that's for sure! ;-)

See ya Brenda.. oooohhhhh no! ;-)

Blogger Blessed said...
Hey Nancy---
I, too, watched Ozzy. I really felt like I was squinting to try to understand what he was saying in between bleeps. Ever can't undertand someone and catch yourself squinting? As if making your eyes smaller and more intenes will help the ears. Ha.
I also have watched The Surreal Life on VH1 (they have had many different ones--B celebrities living in a house in the Hollywood Hills). I have watched Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey on their show on MTV, as well as others on MTV such as Carmen Electra and Dave Navarro, Shannon Moalker (don't know if that's how you spell her name--she's a past Miss USA and playboy playmate)and Travis Barker. I've also watched several seasons of the Real World on MTV but haven't in years since they were just too crazy and annoying for me. I also watched
the reality show on VH1 of Adrian (can't remember her last name--she won the First America's next Top Model) and Peter Knight (who use to be Peter Brady on The Brady Bunch).
It's just amazing to me how little I watch TV now. As I have gotten older the less I watch. I use to have certain programs that I watched and knew when they came on.
I really don't do that anymore.
Find myself reading alot more. Or I am on the internet checking email, emailing, blogging, shopping and usually this is where I get my news. It's even hard for me to watch the news on TV. It's tho it's too overwhelming, violent, graphic and negative. When I read it, it's almost if I can handle it better.

later.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Blessed,

Me again, well the only ones that I know are Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey. I thought she was sooooo dumb..hope she was acting.. oh boy!

We probably don't get the other ones here??

I didn't have my computer for two days and I thought it was soooo boring. If I had to choose between my computer or my TV..guess which one I'd choose... wink

This is much more interesting and fun.. the interaction is what I enjoy the most...

I did rent movies though for this evening : Blood Diamond with Leonardo and Venus with Peter O'Toole. I just love this ole guy. Have you seen them?

Later!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
ahhhh just a little mistake..it's "Miami Ink" NOT "Tattoo Ink" ;-)

Blogger Blessed said...
I haven't seen either of those movies but I have watched Miami Ink. I do think Miami Ink is pretty cool. Want to know what's wild? I am really dying to get a new tatoo. I wanted to do it today but the day got away from me and right now my husband got mad at me for wanting to go now. He said I have a bit of a buzz. I have a slight buzz but I'm not drunk. I don't see any misspellings either. LOL.
I want a mermaid on my right hip. I wonder how much it's gonna cost me. I should do a post about it with some pics of what I'm wanting.

Blogger Blessed said...
By the way, really funny thing about me: I rarely watch movies. I think it's becuz so many times I am disappointeed. I started to try to watch a movie the other night, a movie I thought would be interesting and after 10 minutes I couldn't take it any longer. Off it went. I think it was the Prairie Home Companion. It has to get my attention right away and that movie didn't.
I haven't been to a movie at a movie theatre since 2004.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Blessed,

How cool about the tatt.. ;-)

You should go get your tatt by the oh-so-sexy Amy from Miami Ink..

Please do take pictures of the new one and the oldies too...

As I told you before.. I wanted to get one but because of health issues... just won't happen.. ;-(

So what have you been drinken..wink

Blogger Blessed said...
Well, I just got back a few minutes ago from tatoo parlor. Of course, I got there fifteen minutes before they closed. I had my picture in hand of what I want.
It is such a cool pic.
I have been out for dinner and then a couple drinks at 'our' local pub. I have been drinking
mojitos(rum, soda with lime and fresh mint) and cuba libras (rum and coke w/lime). I'm tellin' ya I'm fine. I know when I'm not fine.
I have an tatoo appointment on Tuesday since I didn't get there in enough time tonight.
Pics will come I promise.
I am excited and a bit nervous. I already have 3 tats.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
wat is reality TV? :P
oh i want to get tatt too if it makes me look sexy!

Blogger Blessed said...
Hello Niki-chan--
reality TV is
Relating to or being a genre of television or film in which a storyline is created by editing footage of people interacting or competing with one another in unscripted, unrehearsed situations

And go get you a sexy tatoo girl!!!
Why not?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Looking forward to seeing the picts ! ;-)

Sounds like you had a fun evening!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
there is no such tatto salon for girls in japan...
i havent even tried nail salon yet :P
thank u veeery much for the explanation of reality tv!!
that sounds like a load of fun!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket