♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Thursday, July 05, 2007
It sounded like I was in a war zone....
blasts and booms filling the air.
The smell of sulfur, the smoky haze in the air.
This is 4th of July on my street and probably many
neighborhoods. No need to buy fireworks
because the neighbors compete---
who can put on the bigger show?
Who can continue their blasting the longest?
It started a couple of weeks ago.
So far tonight I haven't heard as much as
a firecracker. That's good because then the
dogs won't be up and down, barking, growling at
the noises coming from outside.
I wish the 4th didn't fall on a Wednesday this
year. I could have enjoyed it better if I knew
I didn't have to go to work the next day.
Did you know that the 4th of July will be on a Friday
in 2008???? I think it's because it's a leap year.
Yeah to that! I love extended weekends.
Started off our 4th going downtown in our town.
They block all the street off and you can walk
around listening to different music, drink beer!,
looking at different vendors displays, etc.
I think it's a fun thing to do.
By the way, 4th of July not only is my favorite
holiday but it marks my 11th 'dating' anniversary.
Yep, I keep track of just how long we've been together
as a couple. Eleven years. Holy crap! Has it been
that long? Feels like longer! Ha! I'm more than
sure he agrees!!
11th anniversary is steel.
Steel??? How do they come up with what is appropriate
for each anniversary? You know like 1st anniversary is
paper,15th is crystal, 25th is silver.......but
Steel????
Ok, I'm a geek but the only thing I can think of with
steel is:
We are STILL together! Call me corny! I am.

Hope you had a happy 4th!!!!
7 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hi there!

Well for your 11th anniversary of "steel" this is what you'll definitely have to do!

The ride of steel :

http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=4539908029527640093&postID=1568494899907134166

Congrats on your anniversary. You should do something special together.

Enjoy!

Blogger Blessed said...
Do something special together?
Well, we didn't kill each other!
Ha!
Ride of steel?
Are you being naughty Nancy? :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Blessed,

Absolutely.

The naughty little bee.. ;-)

So what will you do? wink

Details, details and more details.. ;-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
oopppsss wrong link :

http://thegoodandtheordinary.blogspot.com/2007/05/for-people-who-need-to-get-life.html

Blogger hockeyman said...
lets hope you two crazy kids didn't buy yourselves swords or something... the steel aniversary??

Its friday tomorrow...yipppee

Anonymous Anonymous said...
wooow happy aniversary!!!
steel will never break.
wat a strong love!!
sooo envy! blessed-chan! :)
i break up with my bf's every 6 years.

Blogger Paul Joe said...
Happy Anniversary!
It's a good time to reflect
to gaze upon each year
and wonder where the time has gone
to think on the moments today
like steel
tempered in an oven shaped
and formed and oh so strong
It forms a large part of my world
today!
like you each moment that we've had

May you enjoy many more,one day at a time!
God bless

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket