♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Monday, July 02, 2007
Your Opinion please.
Your opinion please.
So I have been on my new job for 1 week officially today.
I want to say I am really liking it.
And I want to say right now that I am not already
complaining about my new job, I just need some opinions
on a certain matter.
Today was the first staff meeting I was a part of.
On Friday, last week, I sat down with the administrator
to tell her a bunch of my ideas.
Ideas that I was told to write down on a small memo
pad that she gave me. Ideas to help the office run smoother,
more efficiently.
My pen overflowed on to my little memo pad.
So as I was saying I sat down with the administrator
to share.
I get to the meeting. Of course the agenda is all typewritten.
There were several points mentioned on the 1 1/2 pages of agenda.
33 points. 10 of which were mine.
As the administrator went over each point she spoke as if all
these things were her idea. No mention to me that I had thought
up alot of great ideas. Did I mention there were 10 of my ideas?
I felt she was taking credit for these ideas.
The phone rings and she gets up to answer. I look over at the
doctor I am working for, and I non-chalantly say, Did C tell you
all about the ideas I have had?? And she says no.
OK. I wasn't being paranoid, she really is taking credit for
my ideas.
I feel good that my ideas were mentioned and will come into play
in making the office run smoother.
I feel a bit slighted that they weren't credited to me.
Is this wrong to feel this way??????
12 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well I'm the kind of person who takes things personally....

I would be freaken annoyed.. to be polite...

I would discuss the matter with her directly and TRY, the key word here is try, to be politically correct about it.

Has nothing to do with feelings but respect.

It's not that you want to take the credit for your ideas and get a pat on the back... they asked you to do something and you did. It just makes it look like you're not contributing when you actually are.. end of story.. ;-)

Have a one on one with her... definitely... ;-)

Blogger Keshi said...
**As the administrator went over each point she spoke as if all
these things were her idea.

Goshh wut a thief :) why dun u tell ur boss that they were ur ideas? Next time u give ur ideas in an email, CC it to ur boss too.


Keshi.

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
I think that you should be careful with your ideas. When she asks for ideas in the future put them in the form of a memo and send them to more than one person.

Blogger hockeyman said...
I kind of have a different view. I think people spend too much time worrying about who gets official credit. I think that the self promoters or idea stealers always get found out in the end and the quietly competent get their recognition.

The people who run these businesses are not dumb, they got that way by sizing up people and putting them in the right position and it may take a while but they figure it out.

The cream always rises to the top... and it will for you too..

relax..enjoy your job...

don't get caught up in the petty politics just yet

Blogger Elaine Denning said...
Yep...I'd be annoyed too.
That's good advice....make sure you send them to other people as well next time.
What a cow!

Blogger Fig said...
Ed's right... I don't know if I'd say anything this time... because it's your first week... just look at it as a lesson learned. Make sure you document your ideas from now on.

::hugs::

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
I liked edtime's suggestion. Maybe direct confrontation is not necessary since you are new, but now you know about HER and act accordingly next time you have an idea you dont want stolen. :)

Blogger Bob said...
Welcome to the real world. I'll bet a survey of office workers would reveal that 75% of the bosses out there take credit for someone elses ideas. This lady is not going to take kindly to your complaint that she's stealing your thunder. Bosses are like that. Grin and bear it or don't bother contributing your suggestions.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
awww thats upsetting!!
since u are new comer, better not to feel anything thoo..
i hope she thanks u and treats u well :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Is the person taking credit your boss? If so your making them look good use that to your advantage. As long as you know that they are being used it should make you happier in your new job. It is great to have ideas and suggestions but they are worthless unless you and the others demonstrate that they can be executed. God knows who's ideas they are anyway that is what matters.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hockeyman is seeing it like a guy... ;-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Just read what happened to you-

You could daydream about "giving" her a REALLY bad idea - -

DON'T do it !

I'm with ED - ---document EVERYTHING and- thank her (in your mind only) for having given you a really great lesson about what she is like !

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket