♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
I don't want to go
I have gone to the funeral home 4 times this
summer. Just one of the reasons why my
summer has just been jammed packed with
fun. Yes, I'm being sarcastic.
Now, my office administrator wants me to
go to a funeral with her Thursday morning.
Now, here's my dilemma: I don't want to
go. Period. BUT she is my boss. I don't
know the person who died nor really anyone
that the person who passed away (tragically) is
related to. The person who passed away is the sister
of a lady who is in the company that does our
billing. My administrator knows the lady that
works for our billing company. I don't know
how well she knows this lady but she was
visibly shaken when she learned how the ladies
sister died. I tried to ask today what happened.
She said it was too upsetting to discuss.
I have since figured it out thru my sister
seeing the news. The ladies sister was
killed in a murder suicide. The ladies
sister was shot by her husband and then
he shot himself. HORRIBLE.
So evidently this has been on the news,
in the papers. I, being the one who tries
not to listen to the news, had no clue.
So here I sit, not wanting to go, but feeling
that maybe I should since I can tell my administrator,
my boss, wants me to go with her. I guess she doesn't
want to go alone. And, too, it's another person
from the office going, paying their respect.
I DO NOT WANT TO GO!
I feel torn. Don't want to not do a
good deed. Don't want to disappoint
my boss. I told my boss that I have been to
visitations 4 times this summer. She said to
me, "why don't you sleep on it".
Huh?
Wasn't mentioning that I've been to the
funeral home 4 times this summer a big enough,
yet gentle enough "No"?
Obviously, not. My sister gave me some good
advice. Just say that I have been thru enough
tragic funerals. Which is true.
Am I awful? Am I being selfish?
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I don't feel that you're being selfish but indeed it's hard to say no. What is it about women and our freaken need to be NICE!!!!

What would your hubby do? wink Men don't seem to have any problems what so ever saying no.... ;-)

It's a tough one, that's for sure. Moreover, I don't get why she can't go by herself. Yes, it's a major tragedy but having you there won't make it easier.

Here's what you can do. You tell her that you'll go, pay your respect and but you have to be out of there in let's say...10 minutes, 15 minutes MAX. Then you'll feel that you've done your part and you won't feel so guilty. about having to say no.

Guilt, another biggy with women! ha

Good luck and take the best decision that you'll feel best about.

Blogger RobynB said...
I don't think you're being selfish at all.

Office politics just suck sometimes, don't they?

I hope you've found a resolution with this.

xo

Blogger Jerrster said...
4 times is more than anyone needs to go....if you are helping a friend that is one thing...but if the woman doesn't want to go alone...she'll get someone besides you to go. Don't feel guilty...too many other things to feel guilty about...or...you can be psychotic like me and never feel guilt.

Blogger Keshi said...
**The ladies sister was
killed in a murder suicide

Blessed thats horrible! i feel so sorry for the victim's family, even tho I dunno em.


abt u going to the funeral..well it's a very personal decision...I mean, it really is ur wish isnt it? just cos ur boss asked u to go too, that doesnt mean u HAVE to sweetie. Dun feel obliged for something like this...it's not a professional issue.

Do what u wanna do Blessed. i.o.w. dont go. :)

HUGGGGGGGGGZ!

Keshi.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket