♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Monday, January 28, 2008
Dilemma



I guess you could say I am in a bit of a dilemma.
So if you would kindly give me your opinion.
You see I am supposed to go to Myrtle Beach
in May. Biker's Week. I went last year.
This year it is even more expensive since
the room that is already booked/reserved is bigger, better.
Everyone of us 3 will have our own room and
bathroom. I have to come up with the money for
my part of the room by the beginning of March.
My part of the room is like $466 for 8 nights,
I think, which is a good deal! But it's almost twice
of what I paid last year. We haven't booked
our flight yet. Everything that I have seen so
far in airline prices (flying from our local airport)
is sooooo expensive, even with the $100 voucher
we got last year from
missing a connecting flight home.
I have found a flight cheaper in another city
that isn't that far. But then who do we get to
drive us to that airport? Now that's not the dilemma.
I keep thinking about the huge expensive of it all.
I have to have spending money, you know. Food, drinks,
souveneirs. I am not going away on vacation to be
totally cheap!!! I keep thinking that I could
be doing so much with this money that I
would be spending for my excursion. Things like
pay down my credit card. Or the possibility of
buying a new living room furniture which we
really need. I also keep thinking about that the people I
am to go with are the same 2 I went with last
year. I guess you could say they are a bit
wilder than me and single. They both have interests
in some guys that they met last year and who they
have been keeping in contact with. I have this
feeling that they are going to want to spend alot
of time with these guys. Which I don't blame them.
So that leaves me to do what? Hang out by myself?
I do have friends that I know there but I don't feel
like being a burden on them the whole time.
And then they are gonna want to do the biker thing
too while they are there. You know like tinkering
with there bikes, showing off their bikes and
having guy time. There will be times that
I know I will have to entertain myself and that
is fine. I know how to entertain myself and
I have no problem walking somewhere. But who really
wants to go on vacation with 2 other people
to be by themself? Not that I think they are not
gonna have anything to do with me the whole time
we are there. However, the 2's company, 3's a crowd
saying does keep popping in my head.
Also, there is no outdoor pool for me to
sunbathe. I love to lay by the pool, chill
out, or people watch or read, or snooze.
Last year I went off by myself one afternoon and slept on
the beach. I don't want to be lonely while I am there.
I also can't hang as long. The people I am going with
stay out much later than me and that is fine. I
took my butt back to the room before them every night
last year! There is just so much drinking and sitting
on a bar stool that I can do. I don't feel like
riding all over Timbuktu either. I am a bit fearful
of all the riding and being stuck somewhere waiting
for my driver to take me all the way back to my room!
I will ride in close proximity to where I know but
outside of that, go ahead and call me no fun, I am
just not doing it!
Also, I keep thinking that I haven't been on vacation
with my husband since September 2006 when we went to
Myrtle Beach. I do have a good time with my husband
on vacation but we always drive to where ever we go.
I HATE the driving part. I would much rather knock it
out by flying and I am fearful of flying too. I
have to say that when I go with my husband it definitely
isn't as expensive for me, we eat better, I get more rest and
I'm not lonely.
But then, I don't even know if my husband
is gonna want to go on vacation this year!!!!!!!!
He's not a planner like me.
I know if I decide not to go come May and Biker Week
time and I will be regretting not going but I also
know that I don't want to be stuck there wishing I
hadn't gone becuz I am lonely and bored.
But is it worth going to my beloved beach and getting
to be near it and in it for 8 nights
over no beach at all????
Now you see my dilemma??????????
Your thoughts?
I am driving myself nuts over
thinking about it.
Ahhhhhhhh..............
Headache.
9 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I've been travelling alone for so long that I don't get lonely or bored on my own. I'm always solo at home anyways. So it's hard for me to say...

I'd rather go alone and do what I want, when I want and not have to count on others because I usually get disappointed...

Three is definitely a crowd. I can never ever get along with an odd number. Even as a kid, if I'd get home early my grandma would say "oh! so I guess you were three today, eh?" ;-)

You should take your own room and do what you want... bring lots of stuff to read, music, word games, etc You won't have to wait for the bathroom, watch whatever you like, etc.

Being indepedent definitely has many pros. You could always go to another beach...

About getting our bills paid.. you know enjoying life is also important.. my trip to San Salvador is not paid for yet and I'm already planning the other one... as long as you don't have to ask for food stamps... ;-)

Talk to your husband about it, maybe he'll be happy to go to a lovely beach with you...

But why not go on your own... not obvious at first... but you might be surprised and you'll be quite proud of yourself... I know I was the first time I did it... I remember I was feeling sooo nervous on the plane, even sick to my stomach and the elderly lady sitting next to me offered to hold my hand during take off... believe me, I have no pride, I gladly accepted... lol

Trust your judgement my dear Blessed....it has not failed you so far...

Hugs

Blogger Elaine Denning said...
To be honest, it really does sound like you've made your mind up already. There are loads of reasons to not go, yet only one to actually go.

Hmmmm.

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
Is there someone else you can bring along. Share a room with, more like you? Build the trip around doing what you want?

Blogger Jerrster said...
The reasons for not going seem pretty compelling. What fun is it to just pay down the credit card? I'd be trying to get the maximum of fun for my dollar...if this isn't it then I'd bow out and come up with something worth spending your hard earned pay on...that has a pool. Like Vegas maybe.

Blogger Keshi said...
take a friend...:)

Keshi.

Blogger Steve H said...
i'm still stuck on $466 for 8 nights! up here that would get you a balcony for half a day...

Blogger Jerrster said...
so what did you decide to do?

Blogger Bob said...
IS this one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't deals? Sounds like it. Well kid, you're married and your "buds" are not, you have a great hubby, you guys have not taken off on a vacation since '06, so scrap the week in Florida and plan a trip you and the old man will take within the next couple of months. Make it fun. Make it special. Make the destination exotic. In the long run, you'll not regret making that decision. This advice from the Been there, done that, guy. CAW!

Blogger hockeyman said...
I am usually the one for damn the torpedos and go...but in this case you talked me out of it... I agree with Bob make the hubby take you on vacation...

or... wait until the June and go to Quebec to see Nancy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket