♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Random tandem
You know what I finally did?
I finally got a box and put all
my old major course books in it
to get rid of them.
Did I ever mention that orignially
I went to school to be a social worker?
Yes, me. I wanted to be a social worker!
What was I thinking?
I was thinking I wanted to help people!
I was also thinking about how there
was no math requirements! Ha!
I did not finish my degree in that area.
I think, yet again, that it was a blessing.
I don't think I was cut out to be a social
worker. I probably would have jumped out
of a 10 story building window or something!
I don't have the patience to help others
who don't want to help themself and I don't have
the tolerance for those who sit around with excuse
after excuse!
I acomplished 104 credit hours. It usually
takes 124 to get your bachelors degree.
Do you see how close I was?
Now I am I finally trying to finish my
bachelors. Of course, it is in a totally
different area--management.
I never thought nor imagined that I
wouldn't have graduated from college.
Isn't it funny how you dream of things
and you just assume things and then
lo and behold your journey in life takes
you places that you never imagined.
It takes you to places that you really don't
want to go and it takes you to places that you
do. I sit back and see how my choices have
lead me to where I am now.
Not a bad place becuz I am blessed, afterall.
Do you ever sit back and remember what you use
to dream about? What you wanted to be when
you grew up? Who you thought you would be?
The places you thought you would go? The person
you wanted to end up with? I remember it all
so clearly. I find myself tickled at some of thoughts,
ideas, wishes and dreams I had.
I am not where I thought I would be because boy!
I did not have a clue about this crazy, wonderful,
disappointing, painful, blessed 'thing' called life!
And so of course, all this reminds me of another quote
(afterall I am a quote freak!)
"It's not about the destination, it's about the Journey!!"
I wonder what the journey will entail next?
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well I guess life has led you onto a better path... ;-)

And your good judgement guided the way...

I was a secretary for 10 years and went back to school to get my Bachelors Degree... I'm much happier being a teacher....

Hugs

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket