♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Just wastin' time
I COPIED THIS EXACTLY FROM:
From http://sat-8.blogspot.com/
SO THIS IS LOLA H. ASKING THE QUESTIONS.
I'M JUST DOING THE ANSWERING.
MY ANSWERS IN ITALIC & IN RED.

Sat-8 wine, fashion, song

it's oscar weekend, and i just got a few beautiful bottles of full-bodied reds to pop into my wine refrigerator for the festivities! here we go!

1. wine: which do you prefer ... reds or whites, or perhaps something different, like a dessert/ice wine?
I like wine. Except White Zinfandel (Bleck!).
I tend to drink reds: merlot, cabernet, shiraz, pinot noir. My fav is cheap little bottle by
Folie A' Deux Menage A Trois A mix of cab, merlot and shiraz (I think)

De-lish!!!
In the summer I tend to drink more white. Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay.

2. beer: as a guinness drinker, i prefer my beer to be in the "non-see thru" variety. The Husband prefers harp & bass. i'm convinced his co-workers would drink hamm's if it were served to them. what kind of beer, if any, do you prefer?
I prefer New Castle Brown Ale. Kirin. Stella Artois. Becks Dark. Red Stripe. J W Dundee's Honey Brown. Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Give me a beer with FLAVOR. No light beers for me.

3. spirits: are you a hard-liquor drinker? if so, what kind(s)? if not, why not?
Ketel One, Grey Goose or Level Vodka. Woodford Reserve. Makers Mark. Crown Royal. Bicardi 151. Seagrams 7. Canadian Club.

4. my wine bar opens in a few weeks, and The Husband thinks i have too many people to invite to the grand opening. should i brown-nose and keep my bosses on the guest list, or should i forget them and just stick with my good friends (the bosses will probably overhear people talking about the opening, unofortch).
Stick with good friends.

5. when i drink a good red, i LOVE to have a rich, thick, heavy slab of parmesan to eat while enjoying my wine. when you drink alcohol (or in the past, if you are currently a non-drinker), what types of snacks or foods do you like to have while you drink ... and are their certain 'pairings' you prefer?
Of course, if I'm drinking red wine I love a nice filet mignon.
But most the time if I'm sippin' wine. I'm just sippin' wine. No snacks for me.

6. are you going to watch the oscars this weekend? why or why not?7. i love celeb fashion, and love the snarky site "go fug yourself" even more. are you interested in any of the red carpet styles that happen at awards shows?
I probably will tune into the Oscars. I can't stand to sit there and watch only the
Oscars. I will probably flip between channels. I have to see Ellen Degeneres and see the
big winners. I do love the red carpet fashion. I will be watching the pre-Oscar red carpet
shows like on E! Entertainment television (one of my fav channels).

8. so, the angels sang, the planets aligned, and my future second ex-husband is touring again with his old band, The Police. i was too young to see a Police concert but have seen every single one of Sting's concerts since he went solo. even if it involves resurrecting Jim Morrison or Bob Marley from the dead, which musical artist/group would you die to see live?
Like anyone who is reading this is not gonna guess my answer.....................
ELVIS PRESLEY, of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
yaay i think Elvis looks more attractive than Sting lol
filet mignon is nice but costly isnt it? oh i feel like having beef & wife for lunch.
happy weekend blessed-chan!!!

Blogger Blessed said...
NIKI-CHAN---
I think that young Elvis is simply
gorgeous but Sting is pretty hot, younger and now.
Filet Mignon-it's not too bad when you buy it at the grocery. But usually pricey when I go out for dinner.
I hope you have a delicious lunch!

Blogger JeannieGrrl said...
1 - reds for sure. A nice merlotbut I do get a bit wild about blush wines - they're more of a soda pop really but they still rock!

2 - I am a Bud grrl through and through although I grew up on Labatts Blue.

3 - I love bourbon. I can't have it now. I adore Rye. No go either. I love vodka in Ceasars. I cherish rum in O.J with a splash of grenadine. I can't give up my liquers either. Amaretto, Irish cream, kahlua,.....*sighs meaningfully*

4 - Friends and potential contributors. if it appears "exclusive" more people will want to go.

5 - red meat. Or strangely I love to nibble on beef jerky while tippling.

6 - I never watch the oscars but I read all that rags after the fact ;)

7 - Johnny Cash. He was meant to be my husband but I got born too late *sniffs loudly*

Aren't I nasty? I couldn't sleep yet so I did your *meme* on your blog! LOL - I'm a nutjob! Goodnight sweet lady - I just came to thank you for being you.

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
I am going to do this.

I love real good big reds. Oak barrels, I agree, White Zin is a crime worthy of being dragged to The Hague.

I saw the Police, I will likely see this tour, unless I feel like I would be too weird trying to go back to the high school days.

I think it would be great to bring back Jerry, but the band I would love to see get back together is the Genesis circa Selling England by the Pound.

Blogger Blessed said...
JEANNIE GRRL---
Hey Chick!
I love beef jerky. The best beef jerky EVER is made locally
it is called Mingua Brothers and
if you can try this beef jerky it rocks!!!!
I love Johnny Cash too.
When I went to Memphis and visited Sun records not only was it where Elvis first recorded it also was where Johnny Cash recorded too.
Memphis was awesome. If you ever have the chance visit the website, I don't know if you still can take the tour online but it's too cool.
And Miss Jeannie Grrl--I think we are all NUTS!!! I heart you!!!!

EDTIME---
I can see us now Mr. Ed. Sipping on a delicious red, sitting by a fire and talking about life and all it's wonders.
I told my husband how I would like to see the Police should they come anywhere close to where I am.
I think it would be too cool.
Now the Grateful Dead, I have never been into them. I think it would have been cool to have gone to a show just so I could see what all the fuss was about. I'd probably be one of the few that was there and not trippin'.

Blogger Keshi said...
I find Elvis sooooo attractive and so very manly than any male artist today!

Keshi.

Blogger Blessed said...
KESHI---
It so amazing to me how some artist's legacy definitely stand the test of time.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I don't consume alcohol that much. When I do, I go for red wine. I hate beer, can't stand the taste.

Although, when I went to Panama, I did enjoy a Pina Colada or two or three. ;-) It was like drinking dessert..

The Oscars, I watched but was not impressed. Although, I think Ellen did a great job!!!

Blogger Blessed said...
NANCY---
I thought the Oscars were dull. I did enjoy Ellen. Just needed more of her!
As I predicted, I kept flipping between the Oscars and other things.
Also, I wanted Will Smith to win and he didn't.

BTW, I love me a good Pina Coloda, Rum Runner, Margarita.
Goodness I sound like an alcoholic!
I don't drink alot but I like alot of it.

Blogger starry said...
Nice post.I am just an occasional wine drinker.Actually "J" had just returned from a trip to Napa valley, he sure did some wine tasting. Enjoyed the Oscars and ellen.

Blogger Blessed said...
STARRY---
I thought the Oscars were a bit dull. They need to not spread things out like they do.
Thank goodness for Ellen.
She just cracks me up!

I would love to visit napa!!!
Wow. That would be too cool.
Wine tasting----love, love, love that. I have been to a couple locally but Napa would be the best ever.
HAPPY MONDAY!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket