♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
I'm hoping












Okay,it is rare that I blog about sports but I think I have mentioned that I live in basketball country. That's right the home of the University of Kentucky Wildcats. I can honestly say that I use to be a big fan until Tubby.
So for 8 years now I really haven't followed the Cats as I use to.
Why did I not like Tubby? Well, I use to wait tables. I waited tables in some pretty nice establishments and I got to wait on Tubby Smith and let's say he wasn't a nice guy to me. Infact, his reputation is of being a gentleman and a nice guy.
He definitely was not to me. He was a grouch. Now I use to wait on Rick Pitino all the time and this man was awesome!!!!!!!! Great tipper too!!!!!
So I am so happy that Tubby is gone. I actually jumped up and down when I heard the breaking news last Thursday. I have been hoping for years now that he would go. Take your slow tempo basketball playing elsewhere.So badly, I wanted to go back to where my blood bled blue. I wanted to go out to watch the games and want to root for my team and now hopefully I can.
Now I am hoping for this man to come take over KY.
I have been hoping this ever since rumors of Tubby leaving started to
circulated.
Oh please Billy boy come to KY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to take all my UK t-shirts, sweatshirts out of hiding
and proudly wear them!


(Billy Donovan coach for Florida and hopefully, he will take over UK basketball)
6 Comments:
Blogger Keshi said...
All u yanks r Basketball fanatics ha. COOL! :)

Keshi.

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
Donovan has a sweet job, may have back-to-back National Championships, he has the money coming in, he will have a few great recruiting classes without that much work, why oh why would he go to one of the toughest jobs in college basketball? If he leaves Florida he should go to the NBA>

Blogger RobynB said...
I'm keeping my fingers crossed too!

Blogger Blessed said...
KESHI---
I have been on a dry spell for 8 years. It's due time I get into some basketball.

EDTIME---
We shall see Mr. Ed. I don't think Florida is gonna offer him what UK can. At KY he definitely will be a 'God' in the eyes of many true-blue fans. He has been at KY before under Pitino. He knows what to expect. I heard yet another rumor yesterday from a girl who works in the UK athletic dept that he did buy a farm in Woodford Co.(right next door to Lexington). He is into horses.
Yes, he could go NBA but I don't think he would gain the fame as he would at UK. Look at Pitino--he left UK at the top of his game and failed at being a coach in the NBA.
Again, we shall see....he hasn't said no, infact, he has danced around the questions about coming....

ROBYN---
I'm crossing my fingers, my toes, my legs and anything I can cross!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
hes wearing nice tie!! love it :)

Blogger hockeyman said...
its funny.. I thought rick patino would be a complete jerk.. just shows you never can tel...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket