♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Hello sunshine
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


What did I do today?
Well, I got up. I didn't forget that the time
changed. Daylight Savings Time is back, and
I am happy about that.
I went to mass today.
Sat behind a screaming baby.
So I really couldn't tell you
what our priest said in his homily.
Then, I sat outside in shorts and a t-shirt
basking in the beautiful sunshine,
Ever so often there would be
a cool breeze blow by.
I sat there listening to
the bird chirping, the cars
passing by, the occasional
motorcycle. I just soaked
it all in. Enjoying every
peaceful moment of it.
I sat outside in my beach chair.
Want to hear something silly
that made me happy (besides the
beautiful weather)?
When I opened my beach chair
there was bits of sand still
in my chair. Glorious sand
from the beach where this
chair once laid. I liked
seeing that sand. It just
made me smile and reminded
me that possibly sometime
this year I will be at the place
I love most, the beach, the ocean!
Anyway,
My two pugs were out with me in the
backyard playing and then of course,
fighting.
It was in the upper 60's today.
I sat outside for 3 1/2 hours.
I read from 4 different books.
Those books being:
Book #1
"Eat, Pray, Love--One woman's
search for everything across
Italy, India and Indonesia"
by Elizabeth Gilbert.
This books is written so well.
It is tho the author transports
me.

Book #2
"Journey of Simplicity--Traveling
Light with Thomas Merton, Basho,
Edward Abbey, Anne Dillard & others"
by Philip Harnden
This book ponders the light by
which we travel, the light
that guides our way--our
traveling light. Not a
"simple living" book, reciting
tips for how to pinch pennies or
get rid of clutter, but a book
to be savored slowly, to remind
us what is truly essential.
Since this book could easily be
read in one sitting, I savored
a few passages.

Book #3
"The Bad Catholic's Guide
to Good Living--A loving
look at the lighter side
of the Catholic faith, with
recipes for feasts and fun"
By John Zmirak & Denise
Matychowiak.
This book is definitely
for someone who can
poke fun at their faith!
Quite amusing and different
read.

Book #4
"The Purpose Driven Life--
What on Earth am I here for?"
by Rick Warren
Why I haven't read this
book before now is beyond me!!
Bottom line, it is fantastic!!!

(Can you tell I love books?)

All in all it was such a good day.
Sunshine. Relaxation.
I felt so content.
10 Comments:
Blogger Keshi said...
bet ur happy abt Summer ha? Im Jealous :(

Keshi.

Blogger Blessed said...
KESHI---
I am very happy about summer returning. I am a summer girl thru and thru. Today was hopefully the beginning of Spring.
Now all I need is some sprouting flowers, new buds on the trees and some green grass.
I want to open the windows of our home and let the clean, fresh air in.
Can't wait.

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
i am glad you were able to find some relaxing time..

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Good morning to you Blessed,

wow! great minds think so much alike!

I did exactly what you did on Sunday. Well not all the same.

Took a nice walk in the sunshine but I had more than shorts & t-shirt because it's colder here up North.. LOL

Took my beach chair out and sat in the sun with Honey on my lap. Like you, I spent over 3 hours enjoying the sun!! It was great!

I'll send you pictures of what I did on Saturday.. hope you enjoy!

Have a very good day my dear friend!

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
blessed...sounds awesome, though I am not a big fan of the Warren book....

sunny and spring like here. I love it as a peer out of my huge office window wanting to run and play.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
it's hot as hell here...and combined with the fires...smells like it too.

Blogger starry said...
Spring is here Blessed.and I am happy like you.

Blogger Blessed said...
DIALUP---
Me too!!!!!!

NANCY---
When you getting a new blog?
I want to read about Nancy!!!!

EDTIME---
I was teasing one of my co-workers today telling her that we should
go outside and have work today.
You know, like we sometimes did in school.
Another beautiful day today but
work kept me confined. I would
have loved to have had another day
like Sunday, basking in the rays
reading some more.
And I'm curious on why you don't like Rick Warren book?

JERRSTER---
I think I mentioned to you when I was a kid I lived in California and one of my memories was looking up into the hills and seeing them on fire.

STARRY---
Yes, Spring is here!!!!
Hurray for that! And soon, my fav,
SUMMER!!!!! My spirit is doing cartwheels!

Blogger Paul Joe said...
Blessed!
thats a great name!
i think the book by Rick Warren is a great book.
the reason is, it truly does direct you to finding your purpose in life.
never judge a book by it's cover.
Your name and the books you read already tells me a little about you! blessed as well

Blogger Blessed said...
PAUL JOE---
Welcome!! I am glad you stopped and commented.
The Rick Warren book, I think,
is so beautifully written. It does make me feel so good to read it.
I am just shocked at myself for never picking it up till now.
But better late than never!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket