♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Sunday, March 04, 2007
Kit Cat




















This is my Kit Cat.
He is 3 years young.
He is solid black. Not a speck of
any other color on him.
He has definitely been a handful.
We got him when he was a little
kitten from a guy that my
husband sometimes works with.
Little did we know why the
guy gave him away. The guy
being a self-professed cat lover.
Evidently, he knew that this
cat was going to be something
to be reckoned with!

Upon meeting this kitten,
just from him being solid black,
I was going to call him Spooky.
He is the perfect Halloween cat.
He arches his back up when he is
scared or frightened and all his
hairs stand up.
He puffs all up. Sometimes
I have called him Puff Daddy
becuz of that.
This kitten would climb the
screen. He climbed up between
the front door and the wall,
and would sit on top of the
front door when it was open.
He didn't really like to be
cuddled. He liked to bite,
scratch and claw.
He doesn't like people.
He has cut my dad's face
open. My husband's. Mine.
There has been times where
I thought I should take him
to the pound becuz he was
such a terror!!!!!!!!!
But I didn't. I didn't take
this animal on just to abandon it.
I gave him chance, after chance,
after chance. I loved him anyway.

I guess, too, I kept thinking
of this little gray tabby kitten I had
when I was a little girl. I
had never had my own little pet and
I loved this little kitten.
He was feisty and sweet little kitten.
I was in love.
One day I came home from school
and he was gone. My step-mother
got rid of him. She went and
dropped him somewhere!!!!!
So........I just couldn't
get rid of this cat!!!!!

Anyway,he does love on
me and my husband. He will
come up and rub up against
our legs. When I lay down
he nestles in my neck. Only
me he does that to. He likes to
sleep with us. He will let me
and my husband pet him occasionally
but only us, for just a few
minutes till he wants to fight.
No one else tho.
Just from one look, visitor
usually stay away from him.
I warn them to not try to pet
him because he does have his
claws (I wanted to have
him declawed by laser but
my husband was firmly against it)
and he will strike.
He hisses like a spitting
cobra. He is mean!!!!
He will draw blood.
We, as in me and my husband,
know his sweet side but
no one would believe us!
He is strictly indoors.
We live on such a busy street that
I won't let him out. He has
escaped but we have caught him.
Now that we have 2 dogs, Mr.
Spooky cat has gotten a reality
check. Jake use to pounce him
all the time before we got Elwood.
I use to be afraid that it
would be the cat hurting the dogs
(still have a little of that fear)
but so far Spooky is afraid of Jake
and he wants to play with Elwood.
I think he sees this little black
scrawny dog and thinks it's another
cat. I dunno tho.

So now you have seen my furry family.
They are definitely entertaining and then some!!!
11 Comments:
Blogger Keshi said...
OMG Blessed u have a blessed furry family...soooooooooo very cute!!!

Keshi.

Blogger Blessed said...
KESHI---
Thank you.
My lil' furry kids!
Lol.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I so wish we could have a cat.

The twins and I are allergic so ... I guess we're getting some goldfish.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Blessed,

Your kitty looks cute to me but I wouldn't be able to get close to him and it has nothing to do with his character.. ;-) I'm allergic to cats.

I'm surprised that he wants to play with Elwood.. ;-)

Good for you that you haven't abandonned him. Not easy to stick it out when the animals are difficult. I think I would have had him declawed though. Why is your husband against the idea?

Tomorrow I'll be emailing blogger because I still can't post.. error 962 still.. grrrrrrr

It's 3 am and I can't sleep!

Talk to you later!

Blogger RobynB said...
I love my lil four legged children, too!

They may be fiesty, but you gotta love them :)

Have a great week!

Blogger starry said...
Blessed. Never had any furrie friends because the kids have allergies. I like yours though.

Blogger Blessed said...
SNAVY---
I am fortunate to not have allergies. And just becuz he is short haired doesn't mean that he sheds less!!!!!
I would love to have an acquarium someday.
I like those goldfish with the big bubble eyes!!!

NANCY---
Hey lady!
First off, just to show you my lack of patience, I would have already opened another blog!
Good luck with contacting blogger.
Also, I do hope you got some shut eye. I didn't sleep well last night. I had a bad dream and then once I started to fall asleep Mr. Kitty wanted to be playful and munch on some plastic and irritate me!!!! He got hit with about 3 dog toys!!

ROBYN---
Hello Miss Robyn!! I just love when you stop by!!!
I hope you have a great week too!

STARRY---
I am huge animal lover!! I'd have more if I had more money and more space! I would like to eventually get a pig. I have heard they make great pets and believe it or not they are really smart.

Blogger Fig said...
AW! I miss my kitty Hobbes so much... he wasn't like other cats. He was more like... um.. he was cooool! Think... Christopher Walken in a little fur suit.

Before I had my daughter, I had pictures of my pets in my wallet. Um... professional pictures. Yes.. dork... I know.

You're kids are adorable Blessed!

Blogger JeannieGrrl said...
Now HE is adorable! A long time ago I had a sweet spooky kitty. He adopted me. I was staying with my dad and the cat used to follow me all over the neighborhood. He'd walk in crazy 8s around my feet as I went down the street. People stared but I thought it was adorable. Every night he'd wait on my porch to have my evening walk with me and every morning he was there waiting for his treat. I moved into an apartment out back of my dads and while I was bringing stuff in - he ran in through my open door and straight into my new bedroom. I found him ten minutes later in a ball sound asleep in the middle of my bed. He owned me. I let him stay anyhow. He was sweet. He was special too. He'd get spooked and bristle sometimes and within five minutes someone would be at my door that he didn't like. When he hated someone he was dead on because of the three people he chose to despise during my time with him - all turned out to be pure hatred and evil. I loved him. After a time I moved and my new place wouldn't allow cats so I got my dad to promise to look after him but he wouldn't follow me any more and he would stop by dads only for his morning treats. One day he just didn't any more. I miss him to this day and that was over ten years ago. My dad named him. The way he'd follow me made dad say "here comes your Shadow Jean!" and it stuck. I shall forever call your Kitty Spooky. It fits as well :)

Blogger Blessed said...
LILY---
Why don't you have another kitty cat?
By the way, Christopher Walken---
love him!!!!!!!
And I don't think that you were being a dork by having and carrying professional pics of your cat!
I think that makes you a very loving and caring owner/parent.

JEANNIE GRRL---
Loved your story!
And so I ask, why don't you have another kitty cat? One that you choose?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
gawww mean cat lol
i think i can pet him becoz i was born on halloween.
cool cat spooky-chan!! :D

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket