♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Thursday, March 08, 2007
3 more answers from 3 more questions
FROM MISS NANCY
(WHO IS WITHOUT HER BLOG FOR THE MOMENT)
How did you and your husband meet?
What is it about him that made you want to marry him?
Did you ask him or he asked you?


I remember the first time I laid eyes on him.
I was upset. Had yet ANOTHER fight with drunken,
abusive ex. Except he wasn't an ex then. We were
together. ::CRINGE::
I had made friends with this girl at the
really nice restaurant that I worked and
I went looking for her at the bar
where her boyfriend worked.
Well, she wasn't there but was gonna
be according to her boyfriend.
So I sat down at the bar and he gave
me a beer(or two or three). Lo and behold this really
handsome guy comes from the back of
the bar sits down at the bar next to
me. He is talking with my friend's
boyfriend. It is obvious they are
friends, and this good looking guy
works there also as bouncer and
bartender.
He looks at me and says
"Can I flirt with you?"
I was flattered but I said "No".
Afterall I was in a relationship
despite that I was angry and the
guy I was with was an A-hole.
Fast forward a year or so later.
I am FINALLY broken up with
the A-hole. I had been for about
8 months.
I am at my friends townhome. Yes,
the same friend I was waiting for
at the bar. She is living with her
boyfriend. Yes, same guy that
gave me the beer. And guess what?
That tall, dark, handsome fellow
who TRIED to flirt with me was
moving in to their townhome to be
a roommate.
I really noticed as he was moving
things up the stairs to his new
bedroom, just how very good looking
he was. Too good-looking for me, so
I thought. He wouldn't want to have
anything to do with me.
I wasn't pretty enough for him.
Afterall, my friend that I was
visiting had way better lookin'
friends that me that he could
hook up with and I'm sure that
chicks threw themselves at him
at the bar where he bartended and
bounced. He was a catch.
Mighty fine 6 foot 3 inch catch.
He was so good looking it
made me nervous.
(Can you pick up my poor
self-confidence, here?)
Well, time went on. A few months
later, my same friend and I and a
another girl spontaneously planned
to go to a Cincinnati Reds game
one Sunday and we were at this
bar having a drink and lo and
behold there Mr. Good looking
sat. I tried to get his attention
in somewhat of a suttle way,
but he was sitting at this
bar by himself, engrossed in some
sporting event on the TV.
Another time we ran into each other
was at the nice restaurant in which
I worked. This time we flirted.
He invited me over to the townhome
where he lived with my friend and her
boyfriend. Her boyfriend and Mr. Good-
lookin' (my future husband!!!!!)had
known each other since 1st grade!!!
When I got off work, I did go over,
I guess it was an impromptu party.
We talked a bit but there were
many of his friends there,
and most the people there were
guys, so I excused myself and left.
I see him again, at the restaurant.
He comes up with one of friends and
sits on the patio. He flirts with me.
I flirt back.
I also want to mention that
I had been kinda hanging out
with another guy that I met
dancing at this club (He ended
up being a pathological liar!) AND
there was this married guy that
I had the hots for and the
married guy was sitting at another
table. Here I am flirting with one
table and then the other.
Now, I don't want you to think
bad of me for being attracted and
flirting with a married guy.
I was even bad and kissed married
guy but my guilt was huge!!!!
And tho married guy wanted
more than kisses, I could not!!
Kisses were bad enough!!!
Soooooooooo, me and good-lookin'
guy-future-husband exchange
phone numbers. He invites me
over to his townhome again.
I get off work, slam a few shots,
becuz he makes me nervous. Nervous
as in he so darn good looking,
and he smile makes me melt.
I got to calm myself. I gotta
be cool. Relax. Not act to anxious.
I arrive at the townhome. No one
there but him. We talk, we flirt.
He is so sweet, so good looking---
did I mention that????? LOL.
We kiss. We kiss again.
I can still remember the
little dress I had on.
I still have that dress.
I kept it becuz it was the
dress I was wearing when he
first kissed me.
I can't wear that dress anymore.
But I still have it.
Anyway, he tries to get me to
stay with him.
I decline.
He says, "Stay with me, I won't
do anything"
YEAH RIGHT-O!!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean YOU won't do
anything. What about me?
I take myself home.
He does call and we do
set up a date.
Guess what? He stands me up!!!
When I finally got a hold of
him to give him a piece of my mind.
His excuse was he was with his mother.
She was ill. Had glaucoma, diabetes,
heart problems. He was hanging out
with his mother.
Guess what, ya'll????
He REALLY was.
Date re-set. We go out to dinner.
Nothing real fancy but nice.
He visits me at work.
I visit him at his townhome after I work.
Things just start rolling along like this.
My friends, that he lives with, go out of
town for the an extended weekend.
They come back and we are a couple.
Just like that. We got together and
that was that.
And when I say we got together,
I don't mean sexually.
We waited a few months for that.
I have to build up trust.
I have to get to know you.
I just don't give it up like
it means nothing.
I have to know you are mine
and no one elses.
Love has to be involved.
And I fell head over heels
in love with him and vise
versa. He was sexy and sweet,
atttentive,loved his family, worked
two jobs, he was so genuine,
and not some playa.
For the longest time,
I would have to throw back a
couple shots just to go around
him becuz I was so unbelieveably
nervous. As time went by
I did become more comfortable
and knew he did like me for me!

We moved in together. I think
we had been dating 5-6 months.
Then we moved from the little
furnished apartment I was living,
to another apartment. We
didn't have any furniture.
Not even a bed to sleep on.
We slept on comforters on the
floor. Till he went out
and financed a living room
snd bedroom suit.
Marriage just seemed a given
between me and him.
I didn't have this elaborate
proposal. Just one summer night
he got down on both his knees
and proposed to me. I knew
he was going to do it. We
had already talked about
rings. The ring he presented
me wasn't the one I picked out.
I was disappointed and till
he let me pick out the wrap
that went around my ring.
Sorry if that seem selfish.
But when a girl picks out a ring
and then the guy brings home one
that isn't nearly as pretty and
she thinks shes getting the other
one, well, she's disappointed!
Our wedding?
No frills really.
We went to Gatlinburg, TN
and got married in one of
those chapels in the mountains.
I rented a dress.
We had 32 family members
and friends there.
The weather was perfect.

So this year we will have
been married 9 years.
9 Comments:
Blogger starry said...
enjoyed reading your story.Nine years and many many more happy years ahead.congrats.

Blogger hockeyman said...
you know whats good about that story--its a real story not a fairy tale..not "eweee he picked out exactly what I wanted" its a real story...

rock on Nancy... and blessings on you too blessed

Blogger Bob said...
What a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
Cool story...

Blogger Blessed said...
STARRY---
Thank you! I should have wrote somewhere that it hasn't been bed of roses! Marriages is hard!

HOCKEYMAN---
I try to be as real as I can be.
Glad to see you stopping by.

BOB---
Hello Bob! Welcome!!!!!!!
I will be checking out your blog soon.

DIALUP---
Thank you, ma'am.

Blogger Fig said...
what a lovely story! So sweet! He's a lucky guy to have you Blessed!

Blogger Blessed said...
LILY---
When I am real irritated with him--
I agree with you---he is so very lucky to have me! LOL.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
aahhhhh I'm so happy that I asked those questions.

thank you for answering.

This is a fairy tale come true...

I had goose bumps reading it! ;-)

You deserve to have a good man who loves you!

Blogger Jim said...
we have been married on paper for 26 years

now we both want out

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket