♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Karaoke

glitter-graphics.com



I don't know if I have mentioned or maybe I have
that I like to do karaoke. Nothing like pretending
you are a star for a few minutes. I think I'm an
okay singer. I have had voice training. I think
it's a fun thing to do from time to time.
Last night I wasn't planning on doing karaoke
at the local pub but when the lady that does
karaoke asks you, how could I say no?
So I have had a couple shot of tequila.
(Always good to calm the nerves) and I get
up there and do and old standby. Yes, I have
regular songs that I do that I don't even have
to look at the word. Songs that I know that I can
sing well. I got a great reaction. That just makes
my ego feel so good becuz believe me there have been
nights where I barely got a clap. Not that I sucked
but just becuz the crowd wasn't into it. And by the
way, there has been more than a time or two that I have
sucked.....at karaoke that is.(Ha!)
Last night, I'm sitting there sipping on my Corona
and karaoke lady calls my name again. Huh? She put
me in again. Well, I get up there and pull out
another standby song and this one black man I have
never met starts coax me to singing it louder. He's
stomping his feet, he's making me 'give it to him'.
So I do. I belt it out. He grabs a menu and starts
fanning me! Yeah, I was on fire. When I finish this
anonymous black man takes the mike and procedes to
tell the applauding, hooting crowd how damn good I was
and to give it up!!!!!
Wow! What a feeling!
Anybody out there like to karaoke????
9 Comments:
Blogger Edtime Stories said...
Gotta love when the crowd get's into it. So will you record for the blog....maybe a utube video.

Blogger Paul Joe said...
Yeah!I do, I come from a very musical family.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hello there,

It sounds like you had a FAB time!! I think that you are very brave to stand up there in front of people and sing..wow! I would never do it!!! Mostly cause I can't sing! LOL

Must be even better when you have someone cheering you on... ;-)

You are full of surprises my dear.. how about taking pictures next time.. I'd love to see you in action... ;-)

Blogger RobynB said...
You go girl! You rock :)

I'm so envious of people that can sing their heart out and actually sound good doing it...lol. I can't sing worth a dime, but I do know all the words. That should count, right???

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

hugs

Blogger Jerrster said...
I like people who can sing...I don't sing...I don't even get drunk and sing...If I were on my death bed and St. Peter would say to me....you have to sing the song "Feelings" in front of all of Gods children...or go to hell....I'd opt for hell.

I know you are wondering wtf...

but that song "Feelings" I mean can you imagine.....I'd bet singing that song is true Karaoke Hell for anyone...right?
or...
as my daughter once said after going to a karaoke bar with her mother..."oh my god dad...who wants to see a bunch of unhappy divorced women sing "I will survive" badly?

Blogger Elaine Denning said...
I vote for youtube!

Blogger Fig said...
The last time I did Karaoke was 7 years ago... it was my birthday. I'd spent the afternoon in a salon having my hair done... nails and makeup too. I dressed up in my favorite slinky red dress and my friends took me out to a small town bar, got me drunk and put me on stage where I sang Like A Virgin.

I can't sing.

But I thought I could.

ugh.

So now my dear Blessed... let's hear YOU sing!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I must vote for youtube as well.. ;-) Better idea than pictures.... lol

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wow amazing ... wish I would have known you were doing this how many times have I asked you to sing for me but no I don't feel like . I missed it again. Susan I love to hear you sing you have a gift and I enjoy your singing talent. Please let me know next time you have this urge. LTF ( Your Bro)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket