♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Thursday, August 30, 2007
I hate to admit it but I will.
I felt a little bit of fall creeping in this evening.
I was outside, in the backyard, it's dark, I'm in
my skivvies and a t-shirt (no one could see me),
sitting in a lawn chair,feeling the cool
breeze, watching the limbs of the trees
wave at me, basking in the the little bit of street lamp
light that comes from the street beyond our fence.
I could smell a bit
of rain, I could feel the dampness.
I'm trying to fight it. I don't want fall. I do
this every year. I want summer to stay. It's such
a bitter parting. I know it's not quite time yet
to pull out the jeans, the sweatshirts. To call the
lumber guy for firewood, but I feel it coming and
I'm starting to get a bit sad. I don't want to see
the leaves start to die. Yes, they are pretty when
they start to change but soon they turn all brown
and stick to the ground in such a sad end.
I do like football, but I sure hate
the bulky fall (then winter) clothes.
Labor Day weekend is upon us. Tho I'm ready for
the extended holiday weekend, I don't want
it to be the close of my beloved summer.
I'm not ready DAMN IT!
I never am.

Know I still wish you a happy Labor
Day weekend with no labor!
8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I know how you feel dear Blessed, I don't want to let go of summer either. I didn't get the opportunity to go down to Maine this summer. I truly enjoy the beach down there and antiquing..

Perhaps next year. Something to look forward to... ;-)

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
It sounds nice to actually have a change of season...*sigh*..I vaguely remember.....*hugs*

Blogger starry said...
How are you doing.It is really hot over here nearly 100 degrees.I dont think summer is ending soon.You should hop on a plane and come on over.Have a great weekend.

Blogger Jerrster said...
the sooner Summer is Gone the better I'm going to feel....temps over 100+...that's for desert rats....ugh!

Blogger hockeyman said...
Not me Blessed .. I feel the fall breeze and my heart jumps... I want it.. I want it cold.. and crisp.. the lake frozen and hockey beginning.. Bring it on..I love it..

Blogger Elaine Denning said...
You wrote that so beautifully.

I don't want it to end either.

Blogger Bob said...
Well, there's always next year. Summer of '08 will be here before you know it.

Blogger Keshi said...
we r going into Summer real fast.

Keshi.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket