♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
I have been tagged by the wonderful, inspiring Miss Starry at
www.stargazer-lalitha.blogspot.com to list
10 things that define my style
1) my handwriting. I have been told that I have really good
handwriting. I will agree with this. That is one compliment I
will take. I love to write. The feel of a good writing pen in
my hand. I like to fill out paperwork.
I love to send cards to people I love and like just
becuz I want to say hello and there is nothing nicer than
getting a nice note amongst the bills and junk mail.
2) I collect frogs. I don't know how many froggy things
I have but it's quite the collection. I don't know why
I love frogs like I do but I do. I think they are cute. Some
do not. I kinda feel like a frog or toad represents me.
Either you like me or you don't, or think I'm attractive
or not, just like the little froggies out there, either you like
them or you don't. My favorite
frog to collect is the stuffed animal kind. I have a room in
our house that is my froggy-Elvis computer room. There is
a plant shelf built up top around 3 of the 4 walls and it's covered
with stuffed froggies. Two things about frogs that I like:
The frog is a sentinel of our environmental health. Save the frogs.
Save our world.
And I like what frog stands for: Fully Rely On God.
3) Elvis. I am a fan. I have been to Graceland once. I cried.
I have more CD's on Elvis than any other artist of my time.
I have more books on Elvis than any other subject.
I like Elvis in ALL stages of his life. His is THE KING.
By the way, Elvis would have been 72 years old this past
Monday, Jan. 8th.
4)My scent. I always get complimented on my scent.
I am a huge fan of body splash and perfume. I prefer body
splash since it's not as strong and doesn't overpower as
perfumes sometimes can. I tend to smell fruity or flowerey.
Favorite body splashes: From Bath & Body--Cucumber Melon,
Juniper Breeze.
From Victoria's Secret--Forbidden Fantasy, Pure Seduction,
Sweet Temptation & Strawberries & Champagne.
From Walmart--Calgon's Hawaiian Ginger
From Sear's--Time Out's Pineapple Crush
From Avon--Exotic Beaches.
5) My personality. Now I'm gonna put my personality
in more than one slot. I am gonna break it down
into #6, #7 , #8 and #9.
So first let me mention I am
a tell like it is kinda girl. I don't like to beat around
the bush. If you ask my genuine opinion I will tell you
the truth....or atleast the truth that I know. I am
also the kinda girl that if I have a problem with you
or if I feel you have a problem with me, let's just
get it out in the open and fix it, if it can be fixed and
move on.
6) My personality -my faith. I believe in God. I believe in
Jesus. I do like to talk about it. I do like to write about it.
I feel that my faith is why I am so blessed. (Hence my blog
name). I do not like to force my beliefs on people. I do not
go around preaching. I like for my actions to really speak
louder than my words. I want people to find God and Jesus
on their own and if they don't, well, it's their business.
I will admit that I hope they do becuz I feel that I
have found so much more understanding, peace, and joy
since I put God first in my life and I think they would too.
But again, it's their life and I always wish everyone the
best even when we disagree and even when I have been
done wrong.
7)My personality--well, I feel I am goofy. I am a goofball.
I am sometimes corny. I am sometimes mushy. I like
to make people smile and I will do this by trying to make
light of a subject, trying to be funny, or just being goofy.
I will dance if I feel like dancing and I will skip if I want to
skip. I am goofy like that. It makes me happy being the goofy
clutz I am and sometimes I think that happy rubs off and
makes someone smile. (To many frowns in this world).
8) My personality--my sensitivity. I am sensitive.
I don't watch alot of movies becuz they make me cry.
I find myself not watching the news becuz it just
breaks my heart to see all the suffering.
I brake for small animals.
If there is a cause that is brought to my attention,
I will likely take that cause on. My favorite
charities are for animals---like the Humane Society.
I cry if you cry. If I feel sadness from you, I feel sad.
If you are hurting, I hurt.
9)My personality--my excitement. I feel for the most
part I am a pretty jubilant person. I get excited over
a great song, a letter from someone I haven't heard
from in awhile, at work when things go well and patients
are nice, going to a nice dinner with my honey,
thoughts of prospective plans for the future, taking
the eucharist, hanging out with good friends, dancing,
doing karoke, being in the ocean, walking on the beach,
a beautiful sunst, etc, etc, etc. I try not to take things for
granite and to realize how lucky I am to do the things
I do.
10) My dress/appearance. I am a casual gal. I do
like to wear my makeup. I do like to have my nails
done. I do like to have my hair colored since I can't
believe the gray that I have at 36 (my hair dresser
doesn't think it's as bad as I make it). I am a jeans
and hoodie kinda girl. I like to wear athletic shoes. Or
shorts, tank top and flip flops. Or be barefoot.
I guess maybe alot of what I wear for comfort is
tom-boyish. But I am a girlie-girl. You won't catch
me without my lipstick on even if I'm sporting
a ball cap. I can dress up but I prefer when I go out
to wear a nice pair of jeans, a dressy top and heels or boots.
I don't have to have the latest fashion. I wear scrubs to
work. But I do have to have my jewelry on. I wear
sterling silver jewelry becuz I don't really like yellow
gold. I feel silver is more casual, looks good on my skin
and if I lose it, I don't feel so bad since it didn't cost
as much as gold and is easier to replace.
11) BONUS---
I am big reader. I love to buy books. I read more than
I watch TV. I love to especially
hit bargain book bins and find some 'jewels' there.
I prefer biographies since real life is sometime stranger
than fiction.

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN TO TAKE THIS TAG AND USE IT FOR A BLOG ENTRY.
WHAT 10 THINGS THAT DEFINE YOUR STYLE????????

(Feel free to tag me anytime---thanx Starry!!!)
7 Comments:
Blogger Edtime Stories said...
Interesting style choices.....I wonder what makes up my style.....

Blogger erika said...
I am a huge read too! Thanks for sharing. I am glad your Sis is better

Blogger starry said...
Blessed..I like your style.I believe that my actions should say what kind of person I am,and don't believe in preaching.I am sensitive also and cry over little stuff.My hubby says I am too sensitive.I think handwritten letters are so special.Its sad that very few people still send out handwritten letters.

Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...
You like books you say ? Me too!....

you might like this site then, www.paperbackswap.com

Blogger Leigh said...
This is a great list, thanks for sharing. Have a great day.

Blogger RobynB said...
I really like this!

I'll work on mine for tomorrow :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey Girl!

You sound like someone fun to hang out with!

A date once laughed at me for crying at the movie "Babe" (remember, the little pig). He cried when we watched the true story movie about CS Lewis' life, but I didn't. And he thought that a fictious movie about a pig would make me cry was just hysterical.

(blogger's not letting me post the usual way...?)

Have a great week!
http://www.alifeinspired.blogspot.com/

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket