♥ BLESSED ♥
(Pronounced like blest, not blesid)
Meaning: bringing happiness and thankfulness;
enjoying happiness; joyous; lucky; fortunate
"No matter what, through lifes ups and downs, I am blessed"
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Inspired
Inspire: To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence. To fill with noble or reverent emotion, To stimulate to creativity or action.

I have to say that I have luckily stumbled on some very positive and inspiring blogs this year.
Let me give you some examples of wonderful blogs that I have discovered this year and have inspired me:

www.sms100.blogspot.com

www.carson132.blogspot.com

www.alifeinspired.blogspot.com

I have been really touched with these blogs and really look forward to what they will write
next. Don't get me wrong, I love to read what all my blogger friends past and present write about. I do find inspiration in all of you but these that I mention above are new to me in 2007.

Speaking of inspiration, I wonder if you look for inspiration in your day to day life?
I can honestly say on some days more than others, I look for inspiration.
I am inspired by nature, animals, a babies smile or coo, a kind word from a stranger, someone holding the elevator for me, a good days work, my family, my hubbie, blogs, mass, church activities that I'm involved, emails, poems, quotes, plays, movies, TV shows, music, books.

I look for inspiration to give me joy, to help me not take my life for granted, to refresh me, to humble me, to lift me up when I am blue or just to give me a hop in my step.

l read a little something in the December 1st, 2006 Entertainment Weekly that got me thinking about being inspired. Entertainment Weekly posed a question to the readers--
"What movies, TV shows, books, songs most inspired you and why???"
Here are some of the answers that some readers gave:

Book--'Ordinary People'
"This book taught me that it is important to understand, forgive and love others, but much more important to understand, forgive and love yourself"--Christopher

TV show--'The Muppet Show'
"In my baby book, my mom lists this as my favorite TV show. As I grew up, the Muppets
helped shape my sense of humor, my imagination (important as I am a creative writer), my curious mind, and my sense that everyone has worth, even monsters."--Josh

Song--'Best of You' by the Foo Fighters
"There are tons of things that inspire me, but the most recent would be the this song. I finally had to accept that my crummy job was getting the best of me and that it was time to
get a new job. I've neve been happier in my life."--A.A

Song--'Pieces of My Heart' performed by Melissa Etheridge
"I had just lost my father to cancer, and seeing her singing this song at the 2005 Grammys
while battling cancer herself really spoke to me, and inspired me to take challenges
head on and not let them beat me."--Kim

So now my question to you-----What book, TV show, song, movie, or play has inspired you and how???????
6 Comments:
Blogger Keshi said...
nice one babez! Inspiration is a requirement for a well-balanced and happy life.

**What book, TV show, song, movie, or play has inspired you and how???????

My current fav is THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS. U have to see it girl. Loads of inspiration and cos it's based on a true story, it's even more special! It shows ya that u dun need anyone to make it...yourself can make it if u have the will.


Keshi.

Blogger A Life Inspired said...
Blessed, thank you for the sweet comments! Life is sweeter when we seek inspiration, and even more so when we encourage one another!

The list is infinite, but here's a few ...
Book: "A Tale of Three Kings" a story about King David. It inspired me to raise up from a place of loss and pain. To trust God in His plans for my life, even when they didn't make sense. To long to be in God's will, even when it includes pain and loss. While reading this book, I learned so much about God's sovereignty and heart. My faith and confidence really grew.

Book: The Bible. Throughout the pages, I learn so much about God; and also myself. I find hope, inspiration, and peace.

Song: "My Desire" Jeremy Camp

Song: "Waterloo" Abba, just a fun, get-up-and-dance song

Song: "Your Song" Elton John, a reminder that love expressed in words is better than any gift or riches

Song: "I Could Not Ask For More" Edwin McCain...one of the most beautiful love songs ever!

Plays: "Miss Saigon," very sad. "Parade," also very sad. Both showed people trying to persevere under devastating circumstances. "Starlight Express"...believe in yourself and don't compare yourself to others.

Movie: "Simon Birch" ... God created each of us for a unique purpose. Even when no one else believes in us!

Blogger starry said...
Interesting post.So many books, songs and movies have given me inspiration,I just can't think of any right now.My mind is blank.will try and remember.

Blogger Edtime Stories said...
you mean I don't bring inspiration?

Blogger Fig said...
hmmm

I'd say The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery...

"It is only with the hear that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

it's a book always by my bed

Blogger Tom Bailey said...
What great blogs to be associated with. You have great insight and a fantastic positive way about your posting.

Movie?
I just saw "we are marshall" I really liked some of the underlying messages there. There was one point in the movie where he talks about why he went.



Songs?
POD I feel so alive,

DONT LAUGH... ok laugh a little.
Stryper soildgers under command, the hair and the dress is hillarious but I like the message. There are some other videos there of the group too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeniLtfNTiU

Books? - Dr. Pericone, Dr. Wiel and The blood type diet. I have read them and came up with a list of 20 great foods that I eat daily.

TV show? - None really. I was watching Everest on A and E. I like watching ESPN classic and the stories of great atheletes of the past. I also like A and E biography.

Play? - Ok... remember Tom Sawyer? In the play he says "nothing's work if you think it is fun" and I bought into that. He used that line when he was trying to get people to help him paint the fence so he would not have to and he sat and watched others doing it. I always felt that Tom cheated himself because he missed out on the fun that work really was.

All of these inspire me to live a positive and productive life and so do the blogs you mention. I am addicted to being positive. I am sometimes so positive that if I were any more positive I would have to worry about my health...lol.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket